Chapter 21- Bye bye rat man

Y/N's POV   

Janson is almost to the door of the lab when I see Minho sprint around the corner and tackle him to the ground. (I feel like he is always tackling people. Anyways...) Gally runs after Minho but sees me on the ground sitting in a pool of blood. Haha this day is going great. Gally and Brenda kneel down next to me and start asking me a bunch of questions. Ugh I can't even concentrate. I have to ask them to repeat themselves a bunch of times because my focus is out the window, just like Newt earlier. (That was such a good joke ahahahh. sorry.) Speaking of Newt, I hope they can get him the cure. At least he can remember me if I give him the cure. That way I'll always be with him. Suddenly I see Thomas and two other kids carrying Newt. Oh my god, he's practically gone. I see him tied up with zip ties and strips of cloth thrashing around and growling. I am suddenly overwhelmed with sadness and I start to cry. I hope it's not too late for the cure to work on him. They lower Newt to the ground and Teresa sprints out of the lab and gives the cure to Thomas. He stabs the syringe into Newt's thigh and he stops moving while everyone goes quiet and looks at him.

Newt was not moving but we could see that he was alive. The black veins started to retreat in his face and I let go a heavy breath of air I didn't even realize I was holding. Thomas swung Newt's limp body over his shoulder while Minho runs over to me and picks me up bridal style. Everybody starts running (except you and Newt of course) but we don't get far because Janson is standing at the other end of the hallway. I honestly forgot he even existed. We are all staring at Janson not moving a muscle when a missile hits the building right behind Janson and he falls to the ground. Minho stumbles but doesn't fall and we realize Janson is in the way of our way out and I am still heavily bleeding from where he stabbed me. Minho suggests that we all go into the room on our left and try to bandage me up so I don't die of blood loss, ya know, casual things. We run into the room he mentioned and Minho puts me down in the back of the room while he goes and looks for supplies. It turns out that we went into one of the only rooms in the building that holds cranks. Just our luck. I look over and see Newt stir a little but he goes limp again after. He looks almost completely normal now. Soon we hear the door open again. Janson. He has a gun and he tries to coax me out of hiding. At this point everybody is hiding too because he has a gun. He finally does a lap around the room and he is standing right in front of the crank cages. This is my time.

"Come out love, I promise I won't hurt you." He says.

Yeah right. You literally just stabbed me a few minutes ago. I muster up all of my strength and chuck a stool at the crank cage. Janson turns to me with that evil smirk and says

"Missed you little shit."

"Did I?"

That's when we hear the glass cracking and he slowly turns around. The cranks get out and jump on him. Everybody is stunned for a second but Minho snaps into action and picks me up. We all agree to go up to the roof because that is the only way. The lower levels are engulfed in flames. Minho hurdles the stairs two at a time. What the shuck? How does he do that while carrying me? But that's besides the point. We make it to the roof to see it surrounded in flames. We start to walk back to the door when it explodes in a big fireball. This is bloody fantastic. Minho puts me down and takes a deep breath. I guess we all have come to the conclusion that we are going to die.

A/N ahhh the end of the story. Haha just kidding, wouldn't it be horrible if this is how it ended? You bleeding out on a roof engulfed in flames. Ha that's gotta suck.

See ya in the next chapter slintheads -L