Chapter 24- The End

Y/N's POV   

Newt helps me up out of bed and we walk outside. I can't believe what I see as my eyes pan around the island. They already have huts and cottages built everywhere! This is impressive, especially for my slinthead friends. I take it all in as we walk towards the campfire. I am stared at by Thomas, Minho, Gally, and Brenda with confused looks on their faces. Then they all run up to me and engulf me in tight hugs.

"How are you holding up?" Gally asks me

"I could ask you the same thing." I say as I quietly chuckle.

I see Thomas give Newt a small black vial but I'll ask him about that later. They give me a short tour of the settlement then leave Newt and I alone so I can rest. We head down to the beach and when we get there Newt pulls out the vial and takes out a crumpled up letter. Ahhhhh that's what that was. He hands the letter to me and I look at him.

"Don't be shy, read it." (DoNt Be ShY pUt SoMe MoRe... sorry)

"Dear y/n/n (your nickname), If you are reading this it means I'm dead."

I turn to him and point to the first sentence.

"Oh my god Newt! Why didn't you tell me you died?"

He playfully smacks me upside the head and says

"Just finish the letter slinthead."

I laugh and continue reading

"I am so glad I met you. You mean so much to me even though I haven't known you for very long. You were my light in a time of darkness. Sometimes I think about where I would be if none of this ever happened but I have to stop myself because it means I would have never met you. I guess this means we have Janson to thank for one thing... that he helped us be together. I hope that you can continue living your life without worrying about me. I'll be watching you from above, well maybe from down below. You see, I can't remember anything besides the maze and on so I might be a psychopath or have done horrible things in my early life but come on, just look at me. Do I look like a murderer? Just get the point that I'll always be watching over you because I love you so much. I hope you can get over this, and make sure all of my friends know that this was inevitable. Give the other letter in this vial to Tommy, my second love. Don't worry darling, I love him a little bit less than you. I'd say you are a 10 on the love scale and he is a 9.99. You truly changed my life for the better. You also saved my life, what more could I ask for? You are perfect and I would not change anything about you or anything that would prevent us from meeting. Even if it means I could save the world I would let it burn as long as I can watch it burn with you. That was dark, I'm sorry. The point is that you are my everything and I will never forget you. Love, Newt"

I look at him with tears in my eyes and he kisses me. This moment could not get more perfect. Kissing the love of my life at the safe haven with a gorgeous sunset. When we break apart and he says

"Y/n, will you be my girlfriend?"

"Ummm, sorry, no thanks" I say as I get up and walk away.

I turn around to see him staring at me in shock with tears in his eyes.

"Newt I'm just kidding! I would love to be your girlfriend."

"Oh thank god"

He says as he pulls me into a hug. We watch the sunset together when he gets up to go to bed.

"Goodnight y/n"

"Night Newt."

He kisses me on the cheek and walks away. There goes that blond haired boy with a limp.

A/N The end! Thank you guys so much for reading, this was a blast to make and I couldn't have done it without you. I hope you enjoyed! Tell me if you guys want another story because I'll be sure to make that happen. See ya in the next story slintheads -L