chapter 11

Jordyn

„Mom what happened?" I asked concerned.
„H-He had a h-heart attack" she stuttered because of her sobbing.
„I'm gonna be there in a few please stay calm mom, I love you"

I hung up placing my hands on my face and starting to cry. What should happen next? What?

„Jordyn?" I heard a quit voice behind me. Ariana.
„Why are you crying what happened?" she asked pulling me into a hug. I couldn't pull off I haven't got the strength.

„M-my father ha-had got a heart attack" I yelled while my head leaned on her shoulder.
„It's gonna be okay" she whispered but I didn't listen.

I stood up grabbing my jacket and my keys.

„You're not driving a car in this condition" she said grabbing my hand.
„Let me go I need to see my mom"
„I'm gonna drive" she replied and took the key out of my hand.

The whole car ride was silent. I didn't know what to say anymore. Beside, my father was in the hospital and I don't even know about his condition.

I ran in the hospital, Ariana behind me. As I asked a nurse where my father was, she lead us into the waiting room where my mum was sitting face in her hands.

„Mom it's me" I whispered kneeling in the front of her. She was sitting on a chair so I could face her.
„Jordyn" she responded and put both of her hands on my cheeks.
„What happened mom?"

She took a deep breath before she started to speak.

„We were sitting in the kitchen as he said t-that he couldn't breathe, he started kinda choke and fell on the floor. That's when I called the emergency."
Her eyes filled again with tears also mine.
„It's gonna be fine" trying to hold back my tears.

„W-who's t-that?" she asked looking at Ariana.
I totally forgot. Ariana was here.

„My gir- uhm a good friend, she drove me to the hospital. Uhm mom this is Ariana, Ariana this is my mom Christine" I said as I faced her too.
„Thank you so much for driving my daughter here" my mom thanked and stood up pulling Ariana into a hug.

I could actually cry. My mom and the love of my life who I couldn't call that because I said shit, were hugging. I noticed Arianas tears.

„Hey mom can I just talk to Ariana for a second?" I asked as she pulled off of her. She nodded and went back to sit down while I went with Ariana a little further away.

„Uhm thanks for driving me to the hospital I really appreciate that" I placed my hand on her forearm looking at her.
„I'm really sorry for you—I'm gonna stay here with you okay?" she said and I shook my head.

„Don't—don't do that Ariana I beg you"
I really don't know what to say. I'm lost without her. I would love it that she stays here, but I'm a stubborn. Again. Fuck it.

„Okay then—" she said and started to walking away with a sad face.

I can't let this happen. I need her.

„Actually stop" I yelled and she quickly turned around.
„Don't go—I-I want you here" I mumbled and she came back to me hugging me firmly.

We went back sitting on the chair and waiting for the doctors.

„What are they doing with him?" I asked my mom but I noticed she fell asleep on my shoulder. As I looked on my right, I saw Ariana falling asleep on my shoulder too. She was looking so fucking cute. I pushed a strand of her hair behind her ear.

As I wanted to stroke over her cheek, the doctor came out.

„Who are you?" the doctor asked curiously.
„I'm Jordyn Davis, the daughter of Brian Davis" I answered and I tried to wake up my mom and Ariana.

When they woke up, the quickly stood on their feet walking towards the doctor.

„H-how's Brian?" my mom stuttered. I held her because she was so shiftless.
„I'm sorry, we could nothing do for him. Your husband is dead" he said and I felt my head spinning around. I still held my mother as I heard a loud screaming.

My mom was screamed and slowly went down the floor. I cried but I realized my mother's condition.

„Mom look at me" I said calmly wiping the tears out my face.
„Let me go, Brian" she yelled again and I felt how my heart broke.
„Mom look at me" I said once again in a louder way.

She just tried to push me away but I hugged her firmly trying to calm her down.

„Pshh it's gonna be okay" I felt a hand on my shoulder. As I turned a bit around I saw Ariana with tears in her eyes. She got down too hugging me. So that was it.

My mom cried in my arms. I cried in Arianas. Arianas in mine too. I thought that was it.

-

3 month passed

„Yeah that's everything" Mrs. Scrawford said and I made my way in my office again.

I had to write some letters to another company before I can go home.

I finished my work in a few and went home to my mom's place. She was making vegetarian lasagne, actually I really hate the vegetarian variant, but hers is, yeah, I'm dying.

„Hey mom" I said as I walked into the kitchen. The smell. YES BITCH.

„Hey honey, how was work?"
„Uhh yeah boring, I slept for like 2 hours then I had to write some letters and that's it" I responded taking a piece of a zucchini. I knew she told me when I was little, not to eat it raw. I didn't care and I still don't even though I was sick of it. Stubborn.

I prepared some plates and cutlery before we started to eat.

„How do you feel?" I asked her picking on my Lasagne.
„I'm better now, I'm okay" she responded.
Since my father passed away, the first weeks she was just screaming. She couldn't sleep, she didn't eat, she didn't speak.

3 weeks ago she started to speak with me. I thought I kinda lost my mom. I was fucking scared. And I'm kinda okay too. I miss my father so much. I cried a lot but I can't change anything. I have to be happy. Trying to live my life.

„And what's with you and Ariana?" my mom asked and I looked a bit mad at her. I didn't want to answer her but she did also and she did it really good.

„We're friends" I said and looked onto the floor.
We didn't text since what happened in the hospital. After my dad passed away, she drove me and my mom home and that was it. She told me she would text me and actually she did a few times but I was so fucking busy with my mom. I just heard that Pete and her are a couple again. To be honest, I was happy for her. Yeah I'm still crazy in love with her.
But she should to whatever she wants to feel happy.

I stood up walking outside to drive home.

When I walked in I took a long bath and afterwards I did some paperwork too before my doorbell rang.

———

A/N: don't hate me :) what do you think about my book :)