D

A knock on his door made Jungkook open his eyes.

"I'll get it." Taehyung said, racing over.

He opened the door, and that kid Jungkook faintly remembered stepped inside.

What was his name? Ji-sen? Ja-myen? Oh, Jimin!

"Hi, Jungkook." The boy said softly, walking over.

"Hey." Jungkook sat up in the bed.

"I know we're not close friends or anything, but I heard about your surgery and I just wanted to wish you well." Jimin said, handing over a get well soon balloon and a cute potted plant.

"Wow, thank you!" Jungkook beamed, accepting the gifts. "It was a success, the surgery."

"That's such a relief." Jimin sighed happily.

"Wow, how did you know sunflowers are my favorite?" Jungkook sniffed the yellow flowers.

Jimin smiled. "Lucky guess."

Taehyung walked back over and held Jungkook's hand, and Jimin saw how happy the older boy was smiling at Jungkook. The fondness in his gaze, the love in his heart that he had for Yoongi's little brother.

He knew Jungkook was going to be happy with Taehyung.

"Hey, you sign your 'I's the same way Yoongi used to." Jungkook pointed the message Jimin had written on the pot.

Jimin just smiled again.

"You're so thoughtful for these gifts." Taehyung told Jimin.

"If I had a younger brother, I would have spoiled him everyday." Jimin shrugged. He looked down at Jungkook, tears suddenly in his eyes. "I wish I could have done more for you, Kookie. I should have done more."

Jungkook frowned. "What do you mean? You've done so much! These flowers and balloons are amazing! Thank you!"

Jimin sighed, bending down to hug him.

Jungkook returned the hug automatically. "Really Jimin, it's okay. I'm okay."

Jimin hugged for a few long moments, before pulling back, wiping his eyes. "I know, I know you're okay, Kook. And I'm so glad. I wouldn't change a thing to make sure you're okay."

He looked to Taehyung. "Tell your brother I said sorry for...everything. He'll know what I mean."

Taehyung was confused but he still smiled. "Sure thing."

Jimin nodded, backing out of the room.

He heard talking down the hallway and saw Holly and his parents with one of the nurses a few feet away.

He whistled the same four note call that he always used to call Holly with, and the puppys ears perked, the furry little thing suddenly racing over to him, shocking his parents.

He scooped up the wiggly, excited puppy, petting her and kissing her head. "Goodbye, baby. Daddy loves you."

The dog barked, licking his face.

"Oh my, I'm so sorry!" Mrs. Min raced over. "She never does this to strangers!"

Yoongi handed the puppy back to his mom. "It's okay. For everything."

"Do you know Jungkook?" Mr. Min tilted his head.

"We went to school together." Yoongi smiled. "I just wanted to visit him after hearing about his successful surgery."

"How sweet of you!" Mrs. Min wiped tears. "We love him so much, I almost lost it after hearing he had that disease."

Mr. Min put an arm around her shoulders. "This past month has been hell for us. We would have done anything for our sons, you know. I would have given Kookie my heart if that was what he needed but then who would provide for my family? Insurance companies don't give out life insurance polices for people over sixty anymore."