wounds pt. 2 (joskue higashikata x reader)

go read the first part!!

the sun peaked though my windows as i rolled over and looked at my alarm clock.

it was seven-forty a.m.

i inhaled deeply and stretched my arms back, trying to get my body to wake up. i sat up slowly and just stared at the pretty sky out of my window, because so far it looked like a pretty good day.

i scratched my head as i swung my legs over the side of the bed. joskues big sweatshirt draped over my body when i walked towards my bathroom, relieving myself, brushing my teeth, and washing my face to bring some color to it.

my bare feet slapped against the wood floor while i went back to my bedroom, and once i got back there i turned on my radio to listen to a music and some news.

morioh's theme played as i walked towards my closest, trying to find an outfit for today. i was caught in a daze until i was startled by a knocking sound.

i jumped, and walked over to my window to see who was at my door. to no surprise, it was joskue, standing there shyly with his hands in his pockets, kicking around a few stones on my porch.

i hurried out of my room and held onto the railing as i quickly went down the steps, and i opened my front door. "good morning sunshine" he smiled down at me.

"good morning" i said back, and let him walk inside my home. my parents were gone all day at work, and they would probably freak if they knew i always let joskue in the house. "c'mon into my room i'm getting ready" i grabbed his big hand gently and led him up the steps, even though he knows exactly where my room was.

"how did you sleep?" he sat down on my bed, picking up one of my teddy bears.

"good" i walked over to my closet, "how about you?"

"could've been better" he sighed jokingly.

"how so?" i grabbed one of my pleated skirts and set them down on my desk next to me.

"because you didn't stay the night with me" he teased as i turned around and shook my head at him.

"you know i would've if i could've" i walked over to him, bending down to his level and kissing the tip of his nose. he then had a big smile across his face and he kissed my cheek.

"i know" he said, and i walked back to my closest to pick out the rest of my outfit. i ended up wearing a white cropped tank-top, a short black pleated skirt, and a tan oversized corduroy jacket. i paired it with some low-top white shoes. "ready?" he asked, standing up and holding out his hand.

"of course" i took his hand, and he smiled down at me as we left he house. i didn't even know where we were going, but after we scammed the bank with that lottery ticket, he's got a lot of money now that he always takes me out with.

i always tell him just to save and and not to spend it on me, but he never listens. "you didn't eat breakfast yet did you?" he asked as the warmness outside felt good against my skin.

"no i didn't" i replied, still holding onto his hand.

"good" he said confidently, and we made our way to a little breakfast diner. we sat ourselves down, and we waited for a server to take our orders. "i really do owe everything to you" joskue took my hands from across the table and held them comfortingly.