Chapter 5

Todoroki blinked his eyes open, seeing the sun shine through the glass window. He sighed, realizing it's daytime. 'Been a day since I got kidnapped. Fun.' He thought with sarcasm, just as the door opened.

He took a quick look at the candlelight, which is blue. He groaned internally. 'Seriously, this early?' He quietly sighed.

Siren walked inside, closing the metal door behind her before walking towards him. He gritted his teeth,pulling on the restraint cuffs. "Siren, you don't have to do this." He looked up at her, trying to use his ice quirk under the cuffs. "What's the point of doing this anyway?"

She chuckled, her slitted eyes snapping towards him. "You say that as if you know me." She smiled, walking around him.

"🎶It's time you learned a lesson. It's time that you understand🎶" Her smile turned into a wicked one, which almost made Todoroki want to shrink from her gaze. "🎶Don't ever count on anybody else in this or any other land🎶"

She walked away from him, standing near the wall, pulling out a remote. She pressed a button, which causes the wall the separate, making a huge window with curtains to emerge. "🎶I once hoped for friendship to find a place among my kind🎶" She turned back at him, her fingers touching her throat. Her gaze suddenly became sharp, placing her hand back to her side. "🎶But those were the childish wishes of someone who was blind🎶" Her hands curled up into fists,moving the grip the curtains.

She pulled the curtains open, which causes Todoroki to shield his eyes from the sunlight for a while. He blinked his eyes open, only to have widening in shock upon seeing an army of Nomus. "🎶Open up your eyes! See the world from where I stand🎶" Siren leaned against the wall near the window, looking at the Nomus with a smirk. "🎶Me among the mighty. You caged at my command🎶"

'Literally.' Todoroki thought, deadpanned.

"🎶Open up your eyes! Give up your sweet fantasyland🎶" She walked towards him and grabbed him by his chin, forcing him to look up at her with a glare. "🎶It's time to grow up and get wise. Come now little one. Open up your eyes🎶"

She let go of his chin, with him pulling away. A white mist covered the room, Siren using her quirk to demonstrate her past. "🎶We all start out the same with simple naïve trust🎶" She walked around the room, as illusions of the younger versions of Shizuka, Midoriya, and Bakugo play around the room. "🎶Shielded from the many ways that life's not fair or just🎶"

Todoroki jumped at the sudden sound of a gunshot, immediately turning to his left. He saw an illusion of a woman on her 40's, with having similar features as Shizuka, lying on the ground over a pool of blood, beside the corpse is an 8 year old version of Shizuka with tears on her eyes. "🎶But then there comes a moment, a simple truth that you must face🎶" The illusion turned into where 8-year-old Shizuka was kneeling in front of an older man who has similar features as her and is having a cigarette between his fingers. The man flicked the cigarette on the young girl before walking away. "🎶If you depend on others, you'll never find your place...🎶"

Todoroki looked down, deep in thought, before hearing two female voices on his right. He looked over, seeing the 12-year-old version of Shizuka and a girl that's 4 years younger than her. They seemed to have an argument, in which the younger was screaming. When the younger moved to walk away, a portal opened behind the older, feeling a hand grab her throat. She screamed for help, but the younger didn't move from her spot, only staring with wide eyes.

The illusions slowly disappear, which causes him to look back at Siren, who has her head down. "🎶And as you take that first step upon a path that's all your own🎶" He saw her fists clench again, her slitted eyes glaring outside. "🎶You see it all so clearly, the best way to survive is all alone🎶"

Todoroki bit his lip, tensing up when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He slightly looked behind him, seeing the League standing near the wall, with Shigaraki having his hand, with one finger up, on his shoulder. He felt his blood run cold, also feeling fear creeping up his veins. "🎶Open up your eyes! And see the world from where I stand🎶" Siren smirked, grabbing the handles of the glass windows. "🎶Me among the mighty. You caged at my command🎶" She pulled open the windows, letting the wind in the early morning come inside his prison.

"🎶Open up your eyes and behold the fading light🎶" She turned around to look at him, her eyes softening and her smirk was now a smile. "🎶It's time to grow up and get wise. Come now little one🎶" She held out a hand to him before opening her arms wide open, letting her hair fly in the wind. "🎶Open up your eyes. Open up your eyes!🎶"

Todoroki quietly let out a shaky breath, knowing using his quirk under the cuffs are useless. 'Holy shit, I'm gonna die.' He thought to himself out of fear, taking deep breathes to calm himself down. 'They'll be here. Knowing them, they'll be here soon enough...I hope.'

A/N: I know this is a short chapter, I'm sorry, and the next won't be as long as the others too. Sorry. But chapter 7 will be a lot more longer, I hope, so... we'll see! Stay tuned for the next chapter! Bye!

My Hero Academia belongs to Kohei Horikoshi

Shizuka Hitomi/Siren belongs to me

Song "Open Up Your Eyes" is from My Little Pony The Movie