Chapter 13

Trigger Warning: Attempted Suicide (Sorry)

A few days later, Todoroki was now able to go back to the dorms. Everyone (almost everyone cuz... BAKUGO) won't stop asking him if he's alright ever since he came back, and he appreciated their concern. However, there's still something in his mind though.

Later, that night, Todoroki was looking outside the window of his dorm room, holding the folded paper on his hands. The words on the paper still lingers in his mind. Should he go meet her? What if it's a trap? Can he trust her? Will it be worth it?

He sighed quietly before moving to close the window, but, a flying object that was moving towards him caught his attention. He squinted his eyes to see that it was Shizuka's pet dragon, Akira. The small dragon flew faster towards and landed on his shoulder, making him blink in confusion and disbelief.

"Akira...What are you doing here?" Todoroki asked the dragon that crawled over his arm. He knows that the dragon has the brains of a human, so it's a lot more easier for the creature to understand.

Akira flew away from his arm and pointed her tail towards the East where the park is, looking back at him. Todoroki pulls out the letter and folds it open, figuring out quickly that Shizuka wanted to meet him. He looked back at the door of his dorm room, hesitating to follow, before looking back at Akira.

"Take me with you."

The small dragon perked up before flying out of the room to enlarge herself, in which Todoroki quickly hopped up on her back. Akira quickly closed the window with her tail before flying towards the East.

After a couple of minutes of flying, Akira brought Todoroki to the silent park, the latter getting of the former, who turned back to her smaller size and crawled back to his arm. Todoroki walked around the park quietly, before seeing Shizuka near the pond.

She looked a lot more different than the last time he saw her. Her hair that's resting on her shoulders are now mixed with light grey color, her clothing has changed to a white and red violet off-shoulder shirt, black leggings and flats.

He quickly hid himself behind the nearest tree, hesitating to speak to her. He felt a nudge on his arm, looking down to see Akira trying to get him to talk to her. He bit his lip but before he stepped out from behind the tree, he heard Shizuka starting to sing, which confuses him since he knows there are no sign of any villain around the area.

"🎶It's over now, I know inside. No one will ever know.🎶" Todoroki frowned a bit, stepping back behind the tree as he continued to listen. "🎶The sorry tale of Yuki Ai. And those who died.. No one must ever know.🎶"

'Yuki Ai?' Todoroki thought to himself, peeking behind the tree. 'Who is that?'

Shizuka moved a bit to hug her knees close to her chest, burying her head in between her legs. "🎶They'd only see the tragedy. They'd not see my intent. The shadow of Ai's evil will forever kill.🎶" He saw her hands form into fists, causing him to furrow his eyebrows. "🎶The good that I had meant.🎶"

"🎶Am I a good man? Am I a mad man?🎶" She asked herself as she looked at her reflection at the pond, a look of regret on her face. "🎶It's such a fine line. Between a good man and a...🎶" She trailed off, looking away from the water as she stood up. As she was about to walk away, a voice that is all too familiar for her and Todoroki was heard from the water.

"🎶Do you really think that I would ever let you go? Do you think I'd ever set you free?🎶" Shizuka hesitantly looked back at the water, seeing Siren as her reflection giggling. "🎶If you do, I'm sad to say, it simply isn't so. You will never get away from me!🎶"