Second Year: Spill the Secret

August 22nd

Riptide's POV

Cleaning the dorm for a party was the one thing that I hated about this school. But if I didn't clean our dorm then how can we enjoy the party. I mean we aren't inviting the whole school like last year-I learned my lesson from that-but we were inviting, Fatespeaker, Sunny, Glory, Peril-Clay insisted-Starflight, and Tsunami. I can't wait to see her again, every time I'm around her I just feel so happy. I sighed happily as I picked up some clothes. 

"Look who's day dreaming about a certain someone," smirked a familiar voice. I looked at the door and saw Deathbringer and Clay watching me with amusement. I blushed and threw a pair of boxers at Deathbringer's face. Because he went to fighting class, he caught them as a reflex. He threw them in the laundry basket and Clay walked to the kitchen to see if there was any food. 

"Can you and Clay go to the store and buy some junk food?" I asked Deathbringer. 

"Why are you asking me?" Deathbringer asked. 

I leaned close to Deathbringer and whispered, "Because I don't trust Clay to not eat the food on the way back." Deathbringer nodded while saying ah. He smiled and walked over to Clay and patted his shoulder. 

"Hey Buddy, why don't we go to the super market?" Deathbringer hinted. Clay smiled with a piece of cake stuffed in his mouth. "See ya Riptide!" Deathbringer called as he walked out the door. I waved at them saying Goodbye. When they were gone, I walked out of our dorm and walked down stairs to the girls room. I knocked on room 12 and then the most beautiful girl in the world opened the door. Her blue wavy hair swished as she opened it. 

"H-hey Tsunami," I stammered. What's wrong with me?! I was perfectly fine the last time I talked to her. 

"Hi, Riptide," Tsunami smiled. "What brings you here?" she wondered. 

"Um, the guys and I are hosting a party do you and the other girls want to come?" I asked her. Tsunami raised her brown eyebrows. "It's not like last year's party," I grinned. 

"Then we would love to go," Tsunami smiled. "Can't wait to be there, Squid Brain," Tsunami rolled her eyes. I chuckled and waved bye, after Tsunami I walked up stairs and went to dorm 17. I knocked on the door and Fatespeaker opened the door. She had long raven black hair and dark brown eyes. She wore a purple t-shirt that said, 'Let's light the Night Sky Away!'. 

"Hey, Fatespeaker," I greeted. 

"Hi Riptide!" Fatespeaker smiled. "What's up?" 

"Do you and Peril want to go to Deathbringer, Clay, and my get together?" I asked her. Fatespeaker thought for a minute. 

"Will Starflight be there?" Fatespeaker ask, hopefully. I nodded and she smiled and nodded her head. "We'll be there," Fatespeaker beamed. 

"Is Peril in here?" I asked her. Fatespeaker frowned but looked back and nodded. "What's wrong?" I asked Fatespeaker. 

"S-She's not herself," Fatespeaker sighed. She opened the door fully and I saw Peril pacing in the living room. Totally ignoring the fact that Fatespeaker and I were talking. I walked in and watched worriedly as Peril paced. 

"What do I do? What do I do? What do I do?" Peril asked herself over and over. 

"She's been acting like this ever since she came in here," Fatespeaker whispered loudly in my ear. 

"Peril?" I asked worriedly. 

Peril's head popped up, her eyes searched beyond my body. "What do I do? Wait, it's just you," Peril rhymed. 

"Peril, you're rhyming," I told her. I cautiously walked close to her. 

"No, I'm not rhyming! It's just the timing!" Peril rhymed again. She groaned and started to pace again. I grabbed her hand and stopped her. "What are you doing?" Peril asked. 

"Tell me what's wrong," I asked concerned. Peril sighed and pulled me out of the room. "Where are we going?" I wondered. Peril said nothing, instead she dragged me out of the building and took me off campus. We stopped in front of the school wall. 

"Charles Dickens," Peril said suddenly. Tears started to form in her eyes, "Charles Dickens kissed me." I gasped and put my hand over my mouth. "He's the Dean of the school. He told me he loved me," Peril cried. 

"What did you say?" I asked, really worried. If Charles Dickens kissed Peril then it must be really bad. Charles kissed Ruby, Peril's worst enemy. Why did he want Peril now? 

"Nothing, I told him I'll think about it...please don't tell Clay!" Peril begged. "Please! If he finds out, I don't know what he'll do," Peril grabbed my arms and gripped them so tight that the blood couldn't circulate. 

"I-I don't think I could lie to him," I sighed. 

"Please! He'll only think I'm a pathetic person!" Peril was on the floor now. She didn't care about the cars passing by or the random strangers walking by. 

"Alright," I sighed. Peril got off the floor and hugged me so tight that I couldn't breathe. "I won't tell but you have to come to the party," I told her. Peril nodded and walked back into campus, she didn't mind the guard or some of the students. Ugh, it's going to be a weird year.