Second Year: The Dance Part 3

Peril and Clay's Drama  

Peril's Point of View 

I didn't leave the stage as Kinkjaou, Moon, Qibli, or Winter did. I stayed behind with Turtle to sing the first slow song. I handpicked this song because I wanted to send a message to Charles, saying that I really am hurting. I walked over to Turtle, in flaming red dress, my blue eyes pierced into his green eyes. "You ready?" I wondered. 

Turtle pressed the starting key for the next song on the piano. I smiled slightly and walked over to the stage. "Alright everybody, time for the next song. Get dance partners, or not, do whatever you like," I said nervously. 

Turtle started to play "Someone you loved" by Lewis Capaldi. "I'm going under and this time I fear there's no one to save me," I sang. "This all or nothing really got a way of driving me crazy." 

"I need somebody to heal, somebody to know, somebody to have, somebody to hold," I sang, swaying to the music. I closed my eyes so tears don't fall out of my eyes. "It's easy to say, but's it's never the same. I guess I kinda liked the way you numbered all the pain!" I sang, raising my hands like the girl from the Greatest Showman did. 

"Now the day bleeds into nightfall and you're not here to get me through it all!" I sang, opening my eyes and searching the crowd for Charles. But the only person that I saw was Clay. "I let my guard down, then you pulled the rug. I was getting kinda used to being someone you loved," I sang, with tears in my eyes. 

"I'm going under and this time I fear there's no one to turn to," I sang. Turtle was looking at the keys but I knew he knew I was about to cry. "This all or nothing way of loving got me sleeping without you." 

"Now I need somebody to know, somebody to heal, somebody to have just to know how it feels. It's easy to say, but it's never the same, I guess I kinda liked the way you helped escape," I sang. "Now the day bleeds into nightfall and you're not here to get me through it all. I let my guard down, and then you pulled the rug. I was getting kinda used to being someone you loved!" I sang. I tried to find Charles again but my eyes kept leading back to Clay. 

He was by the buffet, stuffing food into his mouth but his eyes met mine. "And I tend to close my eyes when it hurts sometimes," I sang closing my eyes and raising my hands again. "I fall into your arms! I'll be safe in your sound 'til I come back around!" I sang.

"Now the day bleeds into nightfall and you're not here to get me through it all. I let my guard down and then you pulled the rug. I was getting kinda used to being someone you loved," I sang. "Now the day bleeds into nightfall and you're not here to get me through it all. I let my guard down and then you pulled the rug. I was getting kinda used to being someone you loved. I let my guard down and then you pulled the rug. I was getting kinda used to being someone you loved," I sang. Turtle played the last notes and the song. 

With tears in my eyes, I stopped singing and opened my eyes. Clay stared sympathetically at me and I shook my head. And with anger in my eyes, I searched for Charles. He was staring at me. Just staring. This angered me. I mean, who just stares at someone?! I stomped off the stage and walked past Turtle, Kinkajou, Winter, Qibli, and Moon. Not even bothering to look at Clay. I kicked the door open and walked away.