Second Year: Valentine Day (Cleril)

Clay's POV

Flash forward

Peril stepped on the platform, her beautiful wedding dress trailed behind her. I watched tearfully as she took the microphone and started to sing a song. "Clay," Peril said tearfully. "Ever since I met you, I felt the way this song feels." The music started to play. "I never thought that you would be the one to hold my heart," Peril sang. "But you came around and you knocked me off the ground from the start." 

Tears started to form in my eyes as I stood at the altar. "You put your arms around me and I believe that it's easier for you to let me go," Peril sang. "You put your arms around me and I'm home." 

I saw tears form in her eyes too, her red hair was down and her piercing blue eyes were staring into mine. "How many times will you let me change my mind and turn around?" Peril sang. "I can't decide if I'll let you save my life or if I'll drown." 

"I hope that you see right through my walls. I hope that you catch me, 'cause I'm already falling," Peril sang, closing her eyes. "I'll never let a love get so close. You put your arms around me and I'm home." 

"The world is coming down on me and I can't find a reason to be loved," Peril sang, opening her eyes and staring at me. "I never wanna leave you, but I can't make you bleed if I'm alone." 

"You put your arms around me and I believe that it's easier for you to let me go," sang Peril. Her tears started to fall. "I hope that you see right through my walls. I hope that you catch me, 'cause I'm already falling. I'll never let a love get so close. You put your arms around me and I'm home," she sang, placing her hand on her heart. 

Tears started to fall on my face. "I tried my best to never let you in to see the truth and I've never opened up," she sang. "I've never truly loved 'till you put your arms around me and I believe that it's easier for you to let me go," Peril sang loudly. Now nothing was stopping the tears. 

"I hope that you see right through my walls. I hope that you catch me, 'cause I'm already falling. I'll never let a love get so close. You put your arms around me and I'm home," Peril sang, crying. 

"You put your arms around me and I'm home," she sang. Thank goodness she was wearing a waterproof mask. Otherwise, her face would be a mess. Not that I would care. I wiped my tears and helped Peril down from the platform. 

Present 

We looked up and watched the stars peacefully. Peril's head was on top of my chest and my hand was on her back. We were on Pryhhia Hill or "The Sky Kingdom" if we were calling it the way Qibli would. 

"It's so beautiful Clay," Peril whispered. I smiled at her kindly and kissed her forehead. "I wonder what it would be like to fly," she wondered. 

"Probably scary, considering that you are so high," I shuddered. Peril laughed and shook her head. 

"I bet it feels...so...so..." she trailed off, trying to find the word. 

"Amazing?" I asked. 

"Free," Peril gazed. I stroked her hair and Peril sighed happily. "You have no idea how amazing it is to have you by my side Clay," Peril beamed. 

"Oh don't I?" I grinned. "Not having you is like not having food but not as bad. Is that offensive?" I wondered. Peril laughed and laid down sideways. 

"No, Clay, it isn't," Peril laughed. "I know how much you love food," she smiled. "I'm actually really surprised you aren't fat yet," she said poking my side. 

I laid on my side and laughed with her. "I try not to be," I laughed. Peril laughed. I put my arms around her. 

"You're my home, Clay," Peril whispered. 

"You're my home too, Peril," I whispered back. We looked up and stared at the clouds. "Oh wait!" I said, standing up. Peril looked at me very confused. "I got you something for Valentine's day," I smiled. Peril sat up, curious about what I was going to give her. 

"What is it?" Peril asked. 

"Close your eyes," I said. Peril rolled her eyes playfully but did as she was told. I placed a necklace with a symbol of fire and a brick of clay around her neck. "Open." Peril looked down and started to tear up. 

"Thank you, Clay," Peril said, shedding light tears. "Wait, I also got you something," Peril said, wiping the tears away. She reached from behind her and handed me a box of chocolates. Once I saw it I immediately dug in. 

"Delicious," I moaned. Peril giggled at my appetite. "Want some?" Peril took white chocolate and ate it. 

"This is REALLY good," Peril moaned. 

"I know right!" I exclaimed, eating more. We laughed and ate the rest of the night. I love Peril and I love her. I can't wait for the next years of my life with her. Who knows, we might even get married.