First Year: Dance?

Moon and Qibli's Drama

October 12th 

Moon's POV

The halls were chilly at night, which made it perfect for me to read my favourite book, The Noble Servant by Melanie Dickerson. (Yes, it's a real book) I walked to the court yard as quietly as possible. Leaving Kinkajou and Carnelian by themselves, I wore a black dress and brought my book. As I walked toward the courtyard, I saw a boy sitting in my spot. Anger rose in me but then I calmed down. It's just a spot, I thought to myself. 

I ignored the boy and walked to another spot. The boy just watched me, it was kinda weird if you thought about it. As the moon shifted, I saw the boy's face, it was Qibli. My heart fluttered like a butterfly once I saw him. "Qibli?" I called to him. He lifted up his face, his hair was covered by his hoodie. 

"Moon?" he called as he stood up and walked over to me. I put down my book and looked up. "What are you doing out here so late?" 

"I just wanted to see the moon and the stars as I read," I shrugged. Letting my raven black hair flow behind me. "What are you doing out here?" 

Qibli grinned and took off his hoodie. "Waiting for you," Qibli grinned. I covered my mouth to stop me from snorting and laughing. 

"You do realize that, that sounded creepy?" Moon laughed. Qibli laughed with her. He sat next to her and looked at the sky. "What where you really doing out here?" Moon asked again after she recovered from laughing. 

"You caught me," Qibli said, raising his hands in the air, "I was practicing." 

Moon raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms. "Really? And what were you practicing?" Qibli took out his phone and pressed a button. A song came up and 'You Make It Easy' by Jason Aldean played. Qibli held out his hand for me to grab and I took it gradually. 

He pulled me close and placed his hands on my waist and I wrapped my hands around his neck. Qibli smiled as we swayed to the music under the night stars. I placed my head on his shoulder and it fit perfectly, like it was where it belongs. I sighed happily and swayed to the music with him. "Um, Moon?" Qibli asked nervously when the song was over. "Do you want to go to the Fall dance with me?" 

I lifted my head and smiled. "I do."