Second Year: The Talk

Peril and Clay's drama

Peril's Point of View

I, unsteady, walked up the stairs with Deathbringer right behind me. Somehow he talked me into telling Clay about Charles. I don't know why I agreed. Maybe somewhere deep down in my stomach I knew I would have to tell him one day. 

Groaning, I knocked on his door. It was almost like it happened in slow motion. Slowly, Clay opened the door to his dorm. He had his kind warm smile on his face. 

"Clay," I said. "I need to talk to you." 

"Sure, Peril," Clay replied, opening the door. The dorm was a little messy but it was okay enough for me to sit down. Clay sat down in front of me and Deathbringer walked over to the window. "What did you want to talk to me about?" 

"I wanted to say that...ugh...Bringer do I have to tell him?" I wondered. 

"Yes," Deathbringer said. I sighed and placed my hands on my eyes. 

"What's wrong?" Clay asked. 

"Charles said he loves me," I admitted. Silence. More silence. 

"What?" Clay gritted his teeth. "He said he loved you?" I nodded my head, with tears spilling out of my eyes. Clay took a deep breath. "How? What? When? Where? Why?!" Clay burst. 

"At the beginning of the year, in his office, and I have no idea why he wants me back," I cried. 

"But, Peril, at the beach house I saw him kiss..." he trailed off. Frowning, I lifted my head. "I saw him kiss..." 

"You saw him kiss who, Clay?!" I bellowed. 

"I saw him kiss Ruby, again," Clay sighed. That was it. At that moment I knew that I screwed up. What was I thinking?! Did I think that I could just go back to Charles? Peril, you are such an idiot! 

Deathbringer lifted his head and faced me. With tears in my eyes I raced out of the room, leaving Clay and Deathbringer watching me sadly. I didn't care that many people were watching me run. I made a fool of myself and it's never going to happen again.