Second Year: Valentines Day (Sunnyflight)

Starflight's POV

Flash Forward

I sat on the porch, my face pointed at the sunset. Blind. I couldn't see Fatespeaker, Sunny, Clay, Glory, Tsunami, and my friends. Maybe I deserved it. Maybe I was too bad. To annoying. I sighed and put my hand where my eyes used to be. Instead of feeling skin, I feel gauze. 

"Hey, Starflight," Sunny's voice said. She walked up to me and sat down next to me. I don't know what she sat on. But at least she was next to me. "Are you okay?" 

"Considering that I lost my sight, my girlfriend can't remember me, and I can never see the stars again...super," I said sarcastically. Sunny sighed and turned my face to face. 

"Starflight," Sunny sighed. "We all lost something," she murmured. "But, we still have each other. She will be fine...her memory will come back and we can all go back to normal," Sunny said, I could tell she was smiling. 

"Can you read to me?" I asked. Sunny nodded and walked inside to pick out a book. 

Present 

I walked outside with Sunny nervously. Today was valentines day and I was about to do the worst thing ever too Sunny. The thought pained me but after what she said to me last month and a week ago, I just can't date her anymore. I thought about Fatespeaker, the way she stood up for me. I didn't realize how much she cared for me until then. And I didn't realize how much I cared for her until then. 

I looked at Sunny, she looked nervous too. Like, the same nervous as me. Was she wanting to break up too? Sunny sat me down at a bench and placed my hands in hers. "Starflight," Sunny started. "These past months have been amazing," Sunny smiled. "But...um..." she took a shaky breath.

"But you want to break up," I finished her sentence. 

"Yes..." she whispered. 

"It's okay because I want to, too," I said, placing my hand on her chin. 

"Really? Why?" Sunny asked. 

"Let's just say that I didn't realize how much I loved somebody until now," I said. Sunny smiled and me and hugged me. I hugged her back. This was a good break up. "We're still friends...right?" I clarified. 

"Oh definitely," Sunny replied, laughing. I hugged her again and then walked back to my room.