Chapter twenty one:

four years later...

Four years have passed not only has my life changed drastically but so has the people closest to me. I moved in with Aiden shortly after I graduated although it was like I never moved out since I spent a lot of time with my dads. My little brother is amazing he's one of the sweetest kids I know and he's very intelligent. I take him out often and we do fun brother sister things. It feels good to have a brother. I graduated college and am now starting my new job. Aiden became a realtor and he's really good at his job. We are planning on moving into a home soon. I want to adopt Logan, Logan he's amazing as well he plays football for his elementary school and baseball on the side. I couldn't be happier with my life right now.

"Mom can I go to Jake's house tonight?" Logan asks while reaching for a snack "she baby make sure your rooms cleaned" he nods running upstairs to clean his room. I grab my phone and call Aiden "Hey handsome just calling to let you know Logan's spending the night at Jake's so I figured we could have a date night I gotta go I love you bye" I leave a voicemail and grab my keys "Logan we're going to the store come on love" he runs down the stairs. We get into my car and head to the store.

"Mom can I get some candy?"Logan questions giving me his little puppy eyes "ok but only one thing" he smiles and runs to the candy isle "Rachel?" a familiar voice says Jax? I turn around "Jax?"I look at him "How have you been?"he asks "I'm good how about you?" he smiles "good I got a job at my uncles law firm and have a girlfriend named Alex" i'm glad he has somebody. "that's awesome i'm happy for you"I smile "how about you what have you been up to for the past few years?"he asks "well i'm with Aiden still i'm about to start a job in social work. Aiden has been doing really well with his job we are trying to get a house together" I explain he nod listening. "Mom can I get both of these?"Logan says holding up two candy bars "Logan you need to pick one" he sighs putting one of them back. "This must be Logan"Jax says looking at him "I am and you are?" he asks "I'm Jax an old friend of your moms" he says Logan looks at him "well in that case it nice to meet you" he shakes Jax's hand.

"hey would you like to come over sometime for dinner I'd love to catch up some more with you"Jax says "Yeah of course here" I grab my business card out of my purse "Call me and we can set up a time" I say he smiles "Ok it was good seeing you" he walks to a different isle. We finish our shopping and I drive home so Logan can pick his stuff up and I can take the groceries in. 

"come on baby we gotta go"I yell for Logan he comes down the stairs he comes down with his bag "sorry momma couldn't find my buzz lightyear" he says "it's ok buddy" I drop him off and head back home. "did a full 180"I sing in the car. Another car hits me on my side after running a stop sign my head hits the dash because the airbags didn't go off. I feel dizzy I get out of my car. "oh my god i'm so sorry are you ok?"a woman says her voice to familiar. "Mom?"I hold my head "mommy i'm scared a little girl yells from her car "it's ok baby everything will be alright." "you..yo-"I start to fall and end up passing out. 

Aiden's pov 

I was getting everything finished for my plan tonight. I had Logan go to his friends house so I could set up the house with roses and make sure everything was perfect. Tonight's the night I propose to the love of my life. I light the candles on the table and double check that I have the ring. I need it to be perfect. My phone starts to ring "hello?"I say "Is this Aiden Perez?" the other person says "yes who is this?" I question "this is Saint Jeffries hospital we have been notified that your girlfriend Rachel is on the way to the hospital in one of our ambulances she was in an accident and passed out" I drop my phone and grab my keys rushing to my car.  

I speed to the hospital making me arrive in under 4 minutes. I park my car and run inside "what room is Rachel Milkovich-Gallagher in?"I ask the lady "room 208 it'll be the second floor on the left"she explains I run to the elevator and go into her room. There stood Mickey Ian and a woman. Rachel was in the bed asleep. Ian and MIckey were arguing with the woman. "woah guys what's going on?"I say standing between them "this is the person who hit Rachel also her biological mother" Ian says Mickey is ready to attack her "Look I didn't mean to hit her I was distracted with Lacy and ran it. I'm a different person now I called the ambulance and came to check on her."she explains "changed my ass you fucking did this on purpose"Mickey looks for a sharp object around the room. "what's going on?"Rachel asks "baby you were hit"I say she looks at me then up. "you. you fucking hit me"she says looking at the woman who helped tortue her. "i'm so sorry Rachel it was an accident" she says walking closer to her "come any closer I will get out of this bed and fuck you up"she angrily says "Rachel, I know you see me as a monster but I am not that person anymore."she says "my fucking ass you're not that person you helped kill my sister you let it happen you abused me and let da... that asshole hit me sorry I don't fucking believe you"She says the end sarcastically. She grabs her head "babe do you need me to get you a nurse?" I ask "no i'm- i'm ok" the doctor comes into the room "Ms.Gallagher we would like to take some x rays of the brain to make sure nothing bad has happened. Before we do so we need to administer a pregnancy test" Rachel nods.

They give her the cup and she does what she needs. While we waited Callie tried to talk to Rachel and tell her about how she would like to make amends so she can meet her sister.The doctor came in "it looks like you are pregnant. We are going to do an ultrasound to see if the baby is alright".they bring in the machine and I grab Rachel's hand. They put the gel on her stomach and moved the wand around. The doctors face was not good "what is it doc?"I ask "i'm sorry but it looks like the pregnancy is at the start of a miscarriage" he says I look at Rachel who has tears forming in her eyes. "i'll give you some space"he says getting up and leaving the room. "Rachel sweetie i'm so sorry" Callie says Rachel looks up and she snaps  "look Callie if you really have changed it just proves you never loved me or sis. If you fucking changed for Lily or whatever the fuck her name is you could have changed for us but we weren't anything for you. You gave no shits about us so you can take your i've changed bullshit shove it up your ass. You fucking tried to use my son for money from my dads. You helped murder my sister you fucking ruined my life I have to take medication so I can't fucking sleep without seeing her die over and over again. I have lived an amazing life without you but here you come fucking it up again so why don't you  leave because frankly i'm tired of looking at you"Rachel yells Callie's eyes start filling with tears and she runs out of the room. The room stays silent as Rachel turns away not looking at anyone. 

MIckey and Ian comforted her as I sat behind her rubbing her back "it'll be ok princess we've got you"Ian says both him and Mickey have tears in their eyes. I get up to go to the bathroom and the ring box falls out of my pocket. Shit. Rachel looks over an sees the box wiping her tears. "what's that?"she asks "it's nothing important" I say "Aiden please" I sigh "I was planning a surprise dinner that's why Logan went to his friend. I had this big plan but I guess it'll have to wait"I say opening the box she looks at the ring. "i'll marry you" she whispers I look up "what?"I say "i'll marry you" a smile appears on her face as I slide the ring on her finger. "I love you no matter what comes our way we'll get through it together" I say grabbing her hand and kissing her. Mickey and Ian smile.