Chapter Thirteen: First Day

Guide:

(Y/n)=(Your/name)

(F/n)=(Friend/name)

2nd Person P.O.V.

After the incident with Mike, (F/n) had been devastated. You had told them what really happened to Mike and they had a breakdown. 

After tiring themselves out by crying, (F/n) went to sleep.

Yesterday, you hadn't completed what was supposed to be your first day at Cafe Coffee. Today, even though you were still traumatized from what happened, you had decided to finally go work your first day at Cafe Coffee.

You had gotten dressed and left the house while (F/n) was still asleep, not wanting to wake them up. You head over to Cafe Coffee.

~When you arrive at Cafe Coffee~

You had once again arrived early, the cafe not open yet.

Caleb was inside, putting chairs at the tables and setting up everything.

You knock on the door and, almost immediately, Caleb notices you. He scurries to the door and opens it for you.

"Good morning, (Y/n)," He says, smiling softly at you.

"Good morning, Caleb. You need help?" You ask as you take your apron out of your bag and put it on.

"I actually do, can you please help me?" Caleb asks, beginning to set up the cafe again.

"Of course!" You say, also setting up the cafe.

"So..About yesterday..are you okay?" Caleb asks, concern lacing his tone of voice.

"Yeah, but I know what happened to my friend now, but everything is okay for the most part. You don't need to be concerned," You say, smiling at Caleb.

Caleb blushes and nods, going back to work.

~When the cafe opens~

"You got everything down?" Caleb asks you.

"Yeah! I'm good!" You say, a determined look on your face.

Caleb nods and walks over to the customer that waits on the other side of the counter.

"Hello! What can I get for you today?" Caleb says in a gleeful tone.

You don't hear what the customer orders due to the fact that you are further away from them and that they speak quietly.

"Of course, and can I get a name for your order, please?" Caleb asks, apparently hearing what the customer said.

The customer gives Caleb their name. Caleb replies, "Thank you! We will have your order out soon!"

There were currently no more customers, since it was a weekday after all and most people are already at work at this time.

"Okay, so the order is going to be sent to this tablet, if you click on the order, it will tell you how to make the drink if you ever get confused," Caleb explains to you, pointing at the tablet that rests on a stand on the counter.

You nod and click on the order. The customer had ordered a vanilla latte and their name was Bailey.

You read over the instructions and make the drink with ease, despite it only being your first attempt at making a drink.

You were good at following instructions, after all. (If you aren't good at following directions, congrats cuz now you are :D)

You write, "Bailey" on the cup that the drink is in and walk up to the pick up part of the counter.