I

Finally, the most awaited day has come

Finally, the most awaited day has come. They will finally be able to step their foot into the award show, Melon Music Awards. Well, they might have been optimistic about themselves, but, to be honest, they don't expect an award this time, even after making it to the nominations.

Their eyes widened when they stepped into the arena, they were like lost puppies, turning their heads to get a look of the whole place....The show starts with top songs, and after every performance, the crowd broke out into a huge round of applause. Maybe, this is what it means to become an idol, Taehyung thinks as he looks at the huge audience. "Someday, I hope we have a thousand ARMYs cheering for us", he whispered to Jimin.

These seven boys sit on their seats, cheering and looking at the ones who take away the awards, with a smiling face. They know that they might not make it this year and the possibility of their winning an award is as thin as a sheet of paper.

But here they are, crossing their fingers, lighting up their eyes with a hint of hope, thinking that their name might be called, because why not ? They are a part of all these as well. The leader, closes his eyes, he thinks about the time he convinced his mom to let him do what he wants. And if they didn't win today then he'll be a tiny bit too disappointed, Namjoon thinks.

"And the Rookie Of The Year Award goes to BTS !"

And within a moment, the whole arena broke out into a huge round of applause. Namjoon opens his eyes, to get the confirmation that whatever he heard was indeed not a dream, just like a mirage in a dry desert. He looks around to see his band mates smiling at him, fondly, and saying, "We made it !" Namjoon gets to know that all this is indeed happening, as he gets engulfed into a lovely group hug. For a moment, these seven boys wanted to stay like this forever, they don't know what made them think this way though.

They go up to the stage, with their hands shaking, out of this overwhelming feeling. Their eyes are glossy, with tears threatening to run down their cheeks as the youngest of them, Jeongguk grabbed the award and mouthed a shy "Thank you for your support". They all bow down in front of the enormous crowd as Namjoon silently thanks all of them saying that it was all possible because of their efforts.

"Let's always be together like this", Jin spoke up, smiling on his way to their dorm. "Maybe this is what really means to be an idol", Taehyung says, smiling a little bit this time.

______________________________________