I need space

It was a party going on. It was a poolside party and Sid was sitting with Karan. He was annoyed and having shots one by one. He was totally frustrated.

Sid: Enough of enough now. Karan yaar ye Kuch jyaada hi ho raha hai ab. I am done now. I need a break. She is getting impossible day by day.

Karan: Don't you love her now?

Sid: I do. I love her more than anybody else in this world. I can't live without her. But then there is no space in our relationship. This over possessiveness of her is dangerous for our relation.  

Karan: I think you should talk to her calmly. If there are insecurities then there must be reasons for it, my dear friend.

Sid: Oh really? Do you think I didn't attempt to talk to her? I tried and every time our discussion ends in a big fight. It's not just a couple of parties. In almost all parties I have to suffer from this embarrassment.

Karan: Though I am your friend, I know both of you very well. She loves you. You can't deny that. She has taken care of you like a kid. She was there with you every thick and thin. I don't know what kind of break you need? But still I think you talk to her.

Sid: Don't I know how much she loves me! She has done a lot for me. After our marriage, things were not smooth but she never complained. I know all these things but still, I am getting suffocated in this relation. Yes, you are right. I need to talk to her very clearly.

There was one person who was listening to this communication from behind. Sid and Karan both of them were unaware of it. She was Shehnaaz Shukla.

After listening to the communication, she was devastated. She went directly home without uttering a single word there. After some time Sid realized that Sana is not around. He felt guilty suddenly without any reason. She must have left the party, he thought. He also greeted the host of the party and left the place soon.

At SidNaaz mansion:

Sana was quietly sitting in the gallery and watching the sky with shimmering stars. She cherishes stars. She had enlivened their room to of brilliant night theme. Shades, ceiling, bedsheets, backdrops all were of a similar theme. She simply adores stars. She was recollecting their lengthy drive meetings around evening time. Both used to go once every week to a long drive. It was an unpromised routine of both. She was profound into her musings when she heard the sound of the opening of the door. She realized it was him. She didn't get up from the seat. He went to her and sat adjacent to her.

Sid: Why you came alone? Why didn't you inform before leaving?

Sana: I was feeling uneasy and thought not to disturb you.

Sid: How are you feeling now?

Sana: Much better. 

Sid was a little worried now as she was quiet. She was not like usual. She was cold. Her cold behavior was haunting him. She was not all in the mood of having a good conversation. But he was determined to talk to her and solve the issue. 

Sid: I need to talk to you about whatever happened today at the party.

Sana: I am listening. You can talk.

No, She is not my Sana. She can't be so unaffected. Why she is behaving like this all of sudden.

Sid: Are you Ok? Did anybody say something to you?

Sana: No, Sid....I am Ok. You just shoot

Sid: Sana, I think we need a break. 

Sana: Ok. You will get what you want.

This was something that was totally shocking to him. There was a major tempest going to hit. Her quietness was slaughtering him. In any case, why he is getting on edge now? This is the thing that he needed. This is the thing that he anticipated that his discussion with her should end.

Sid: What do you mean?

Sana: I mean nothing. I am simply agreeing on your terms. You want space. You will get it.

Sid: Yes, I wanted it but...are you going to give divorce?

He almost shouted at her.

Sana: You want it?

Sid: No....Jaan never. You know, how much I love you!

Sana: I said, you will get what you want. I will leave home tomorrow morning.

Sid: where are you planning to go? And for how many days?

Sana: It's nothing to do with you. I am not going to harm me. So don't worry. And yes, I will not tell anybody about it. You will not have to answer everybody. I will put it on social media that I will be taking a break for some time for spiritual things. Is that Ok?

She was talking so calmly. Sana is not like this. She was behaving so indifferent.

Sid: No, it's not ok. I don't care about the damn society or anybody. You don't need to do this. You are not going anywhere.

Sana: What is your problem Sid? I am giving you what you want. Then what's the issue?

Sid: The issue is I can't live without you. I can't leave you alone. 

Sana: But now I want to live alone for some time.

Sid: I will give you space here only. You don't need to go anywhere.

Sana: I have packed my bags. I will leave tomorrow morning. You don't need to worry about me. I know, right now I am a housewife but It was my choice otherwise I can take care of myself financially too.

Sid was angry now. What is she even talking about? Yes, It was her choice to be a homemaker. But she helped him in his struggling business a lot. She used to handle his client meetings, his projects. No doubt she is very smart and intelligent. But love makes people insane. She knew he needed her more. She decided to dedicate her more time to her lovely husband.

Sid: Sana, I am sorry

Sana: You don't need to dear. You were right. We need to give space to each other. I am getting over possessive about you. And you are getting embarrassed at almost every party. It is not good for your reputation. 

Yes, It was a masterstroke from Sana. She has shut his mouth. He expected these things from her. And now she is gonna do it.

Sid: So you heard our conversation.

Sana was still very calm.

Sana: Yes Sid! I do.

Sid: You are getting me wrong as always. You misunderstood me as always.

Sana: You know Sid....I am tired of this. These miscommunications, misunderstandings...everything

Sid: (angrily) do whatever you want. I am not going to stop you now. Live your life as you want.

Saying this he left the room.