◦•●◉✿ Prologue ✿◉●•◦

xxx

xxx

Little Keira looked at her feet, those warm brown orbs of hers, once filled with happiness and hope, were now filled with nothing but pain and anger.

"This'll be the one, I know it", Kevin said, taking his twin's hand into his own.

"You say that every time we go to a new house", Keira mumbled and shook her head.

This was going to be their sixth home in the past three years. Nobody really seemed to want them. Keira thought their last foster parent would be the one, but no, after being extremely sweet for the first month, did that lady start showing her true colours. Now, Kevin and Keira's bodies were like paintings, littered with numerous bruises, blue, yellow, purple etc. When the social workers had found out, they arrested that lady, but the damage was done.

To be honest, there was nothing Keira wanted more than to run off somewhere with Kevin and never come back, but she couldn't, after all they were only 8 years old. Her brother had given up hope on having a family they could call their own a long time ago. But she hadn't, she had hoped and hoped, but finally given up.

In the driver's seat sat Anushka, the social worker who was in charge of the twins. She had heard every single word exchanged by the twins and it broke her heart, those little darlings had experienced and knew things no one their age should've known.

All she wanted was to give them a home. She would've done it herself, but couldn't. She simply didn't have the time to... So when two of her friends consulted her about fostering, she told them about the twins and her friends agreed. Hopefully, they'd be able to give those broken souls a home, and more importantly, a family to call their own

◦•●◉✿ ✿◉●•◦

On the other hand, Tom was pacing furiously in the living room. His wife of one year, Y/n, sat on the sofa, her head in her hands and Tessa sitting on her side. The couple were waiting for their friend Anushka to arrive with the twins they'd be fostering. Anushka was a social worker and once she'd brought up the topic while they were having lunch together and informed the couple about the skyrocketing rates of foster children.

So, after a lot of discussion the husband-wife duo had finally come to a conclusion of becoming foster parents. They had to keep in mind that they were both actors, which implies that they aren't home most of the time. But they were on a break from filming since their recent movie together had come out last month , i.e, July, a month after Tom's 26th. They'd be home until the awards season. They were celebrities and that meant a lot of unwanted attention. Tom and Y/n had sworn to protect the kids to the best of their ability from the media and the paparazzi. They'd probably talk to the kids and Anushka about letting the people know.

Once Tom took notice of his stressed out wife, he was quick to stand on his knees and take her hands in his own, "Y/n, my love, it'll be alright", he tried to assure her.

"Alright? Tom, with what little Anushka has told us, those little kids have gone through so much-", a tear slipped from Y/n's left eye as she said these words.

Tom wiped the the tear with his hand and said, "I know... But we'll try our level best to give the little munchkins all the love and happiness they deserve, right?"

"I don't know Tom. I know you'll be a great dad but what about me? What if I'm a terrible mum?", Y/n fretted.

"Hun, you'll be a fantastic mum. This is unknown territory for both of us. But we'll figure it out together, I promise.", and with that, Tom pulled Y/n in for a soft kiss and hugged her close right after.

◦•●◉✿ ✿◉●•◦

When Anushka parked the car outside the house they'd be staying at, Keira didn't want to get out of the car at all. But Kevin held her hand and smiled at her, she smiled back but she really didn't want to go. What if they were like the other foster parents they'd had? 

Finally, Kevin and Keira got out and were looking at the house intently. The house was a little bigger than an average house, but not too big either. Anushka had told them that their new foster parents were celebrities, didn't they live in massive mansions and all... But this house had a very homey feeling. There was  a little garden in front of the house where there were some very pretty flowers. Keira resisted the urge to pick up one, because the last time she'd done it, she received two very painful slaps in return. There were also two cars outside, nothing weird there, just the cars looked a bit expensive, they couldn't really tell which company they were from. Anushka came up to them after a few minutes with their bags, then, they went over to the door and Anushka rang the bell.

xxx

"Okay so we finished the bedrooms yesterday-", Y/n was going over the things they'd done and things they'd have to do later when the doorbell rang. She shared a knowing look with her husband because both knew who was it. There was only one person who was meant to arrive at their house at this time. Anushka.

The couple made their way over to the door, minus Tessa, because she'd fallen asleep. They looked at each other simultaneously, taking in a deep breath and letting it out. They were nervous, for they knew that once they opened the door, their life was going to change.

Finally, Tom was the one who could gather the courage of opening the door.

This was it, the moment of truth...

xxx

A/N

Thank you so much Bel for helping with this chapter and the title! I hope the first part was up to your expectations.
hollander_5