◦•●◉✿ Chapter 3 ✿◉●•◦

xxx

xxx

The sun rays were peeking in the room through the windows alerting Y/n that the weather was nice, not the usual bleak London weather, which was good. She'd just woken up from her slumber next to her handsome husband, sleeping soundly and snoring lightly, his muscled arms around her waist, her head which was previously snuggled in the crook of his neck, was now staring at him, trying to memorize every little detail. It were intimate moments as such which Y/n cherished the most when they had to be in different countries due to work purposes. Y/n had that love struck soft smile on her face as she took in Tom's sleeping form,coffee-brown hair extremely tousled, eyelashes fluttering ever so slightly, chest rising up and down in uniform motion. Slowly he opened his eyes, "Staring is rude m'love", Tom groggily muttered, his voice raspy.

"M not staring, just admiring my handsome husband", Y/n softly whispered and cuddled further into him, which he gladly reciprocated. Just then, Tom's phone, which was on the nightstand started ringing at the loudest volume, making Tom and Y/n flinch instantaneously, Y/n covering her ears and Tom untangling himself from her to get his phone, mentally cursing at the person calling him this early. When he saw the caller, he wanted nothing more than to strangle that person right away, Harrison Osterfield. Yes, that son of a bitch is yet to meet the twins, couldn't have found a better time to call, Tom thought and received the call, making Y/n sigh in relief. Although, when he did bring the iPhone to his ear, he swore he went deaf.
"OI MATE, THE TWINS, ELYSIA, ANNETTE AND I ARE COMING OVER TODAY TO MEET THE TWINS", Harrison bellowed.
"Hello to you too Haz", Tom seethed, grumpy at having to wake up and more importantly, leave his wife.
"I didn't wake you up, did I?", Harrison asked innocently, knowing exactly how to press Tom's buttons, and Tom being well... Tom, took the bait.
"WOKE ME UP? You bloody git! It's 7 am on a day off and you expect me of all people to be up???", Tom spoke over the phone, scratch that, yelled over the phone. Harrison was shitting himself laughing on the other end. That's when it dawned upon Tom, he had taken the bait himself! Before he could react Y/n had snatched the phone from him.
"Hey Haz. Good morning.", Y/n said, smiling.
"Good morning Y/n. Are you two and the twins free today? The twins, Elysia, Annette and I were planning on visiting today...", Harrison replied. He knew better than to mess with Y/n Holland, after all, he'd learned from past experiences.
"How about you all come over for brunch?", Y/n proposed.
"Okay, I'll let the others know. We'll be there!", Y/n could practically feel Harrison beaming on the other end which brought a smile to her own face while her very protective husband huffed like he knew the exact words that had been exchanged between his wife and best friend. He did know though, Y/n had put the phone on speaker. She was now wondering if the twins were up, they probably were with all the screaming that took place.
Just then, the door to their shared bedroom slowly opened and two children poked their heads in, Kevin and Keira. Y/n and Tom's heart melted at the sight, the kids' brown touseld hair, the wide, yet sleepy eyes.
"Ummm... Mr. Tom...", Kevin trailed off meekly, Tom had told him to not add any Mr. while addressing him but apparently that had been thrown out of the window. Taking inspiration from her brother, Keira did the same thing.
"and Mrs. Y/n... Is everything alright? I mean... we heard screaming...", Keira completed with wariness as if stepping into unknown territory. It was their first time in the couple's bedroom since they'd been given the tour. What Tom and Y/n didn't know that the twins' last foster parent had beaten them for going to her room, hence the skepticism to enter their room.
"Yeah... Everything's fine sweetie.", Y/n quickly coaxed sensing some insecurity.
"Come on in", Tom ushered seeing that the twins were standing at the door.
"We don't want to intrude Mr. Tom", Kevin meekly replied, the first five words sent a pang of pain through the couple's hearts.
"Nonsense. Come on in", Y/n gestured.
The twins shyly opened the door and came in. Tom knelt down to match their height and said,
"You know, I have three brothers, right?"
"Yeah, Grandma Nikki told us yesterday", Keira replied, smiling. They might address Tom and Y/n formally but when they met Nikki and Dom, it was instantly Grandma Nikki and Granddad Dom. Uncle Paddy was pretty obvious to anticipate given he was the closest age to the twins, 17.
"Yes. You met Uncle Paddy yesterday. Sam and Harry are my other two brothers.", Tom said, softly running his thumbs across the cheeks of the twins. They did relax to the tender touch for a second before the discomfort settled in and Tom quickly sensed it, removing his hand instantly. Tom and Y/n had been informed about the abuse the kids had faced, so it was no surprise that it'd take them time to settle to touch.
"They're twins. Just like you.", Y/n chirped in. That made the twins cheer up again.
"They're coming to visit today, with their girlfriends Elysia and Annette. My best friend Harrison will be coming to meet you guys today.", Tom said giddily.
"Trust me, they're super fun and cool. But please, for the love of God, don't learn pranks from them!", Y/n said grinning from ear to ear. Soon, Tom and the twins followed in the grinning.
The saying was very correct, “DNA doesn't make a family, the bond does.”