◦•●◉✿ Chapter 1 ✿◉●•◦

xxx

xxx

When Tom opened the door, him and Y/n were greeted with the sight of Anushka and the kids, Kevin and Keira.
Anushka was in her early 30s now. She was a tanned woman with jet black short hair. She wore rectangular glasses and was around 5'8 ft. She had met Tom and Y/n at some event of the Brother's Trust back when the two were dating and they'd become friends. She was quite a fierce person who didn't hesitate to speak out for her beliefs and had a soft spot for children.
When the married couple looked at the twins their eyes immediately softened. Kevin and Keira were two scrawny children. They had brown hair which was a shade darker than Tom's with beautiful brown orbs for eyes which were currently devoid of any emotion. Coming to their bags which Anushka was holding, they were quite small and probably not even filled. Tom and Y/n felt a pain in their heart at the sight, but they quickly disguised it.
Kevin was wearing a black full-sleeved shirt with worn out jeans and Keira wore a yellow full-sleeve shirt with ripped jeans which weren't brought like that. We'll do our best to give you the life you deserve, thought the couple simultaneously.
"Hi Tom and Y/n!", Anushka exclaimed cheerfully and hugged them after setting the bags she was carrying on the ground.
The adults exchanged a few greetings before turning their attention on the children.
"Hi guys! I'm Tom and this is my wife, Y/n"‍, Tom said with a wide smile as the couple bent down to the kids' heights. Kevin and Keira did smile back, but the couple were actors and could tell that they were fake as well as forced.
"Hello, I'm Kevin and this is Keira", Kevin politely replied looking at the ground of the foyer.
"Okay, come on in!", Y/n smiled.
"Can someone please make me a cup of tea!!??", Anushka exclaimed dramatically and everyone else chuckled at her antics.
"Darling, how about you give these two munchkins a tour and I'll make Anushka the cuppa", Tom suggested, placing a kiss on Y/n's temple, to which she responded by kissing his cheek.
"Okay, Kevin, Keira, follow me!", Y/n said enthusiastically.
"Okay so this is our living room", Y/n said while waving her hands around while the kids watched with wide eyes. It was cozy, yes. But the couple were definitely rich, at the very least they were richer than the other foster parents they'd had.

 But the couple were definitely rich, at the very least they were richer than the other foster parents they'd had

Next, Y/n led the kids to their kitchen where they met Tom. Apparently, Anushka wasn't going to be staying for dinner as Tom had offered an had left after finishing her tea.