◦•●◉✿ Chapter 16 ✿◉●•◦

xxx

xxx

Just like a typical Saturday in Tom and Y/n's home, the family consisting of four humans and a dog, were having a lazy day.

The twins had turned 9 in July. Needless to say, Tom and Y/n had planned out a fantastic birthday bash for them, planning was mainly Y/n and the execution was mostly Tom, given that Y/n was eight months pregnant. A year had passed since the couple started fostering the twins, who had become official Hollands. The samall family had definitely come a long way.

Tom and Y/n had had their first mother's and father's days, in which both had shed a few tears. In Y/n's case, it was a few gallons—pregnancy hormones. The couple had turned 27, Tom in June and Y/n in July. The twins and the rest of Holland clan had chipped in and planned surprise birthday parties for both of them.

As of August, baby Holland was due any day now. The nursery was done, the hospital bag was ready. The twins were extremely excited to meet their baby brother, so we're Tom and Y/n. And Y/n couldn't wait to get the child out of her. She couldn't wait to drink again. She couldn't wait to rid herself of the discomfort, the back aches. And sleep sounded like a very good thing, but try sleeping with a nine month baby bump. Tom and Y/n had officially started their paternity and maternity leaves at the end of Y/n's seven months.

Over the course of the three pregnancy trimesters, the twins had grown very very attached to the baby. They'd helped set up the nursery. Kevin had drawn so many cards for the baby and Y/n. Keira had been ordering Y/n to rest on the chair in the music room as her fingers glided over the piano keys. Both were taking official music and football lessons now, given Keira's aptitude for music and Kevin's for football. Both of them talked to the unborn baby after they learnt that the baby could hear them. They'd talk about their school, they'd read the baby stories, they'd recite poems. The amount of adorableness on display had made Y/n cry more than once.

Anyway, Tom was in the kitchen, making himself and Y/n some tea. Y/n sat on the sofa, Kevin laying beside her, using one of the sofa cushions as a pillow as Keira read the third chapter of Harry Potter and the Chamber Secrets. The twins were hell-bent on making the baby a Potterhead just as much as Tom was hell-bent on making him a Spider-Man fan. Kevin and Keira were already Marvel fans, *cough* Tom *cough*.

“Harry couldn't believe it—he was free. He wound down the window, the night air whipping his hair, and looked back at the shrinking rooftops of Privet Drive.”, read Keira.

"Okay, stop for a second. Y/n, your tea.", Tom announced as he kept the teacup on the table in front of Y/n. Suddenly, Y/n felt a dull ache in her lower abdomen and back, she flinched, but ultimately shrugged it off.

Keira then resumed her reading. Tom was engaged in an argument with Kevin that the baby's favourite superhero would be Spider-Man, which made Y/n laugh. Tom, a 27 year old man was arguing over a silly issue with a 9 year old.