◦•●◉✿ Chapter 8 ✿◉●•◦

xxx

xxx

"Tom! Come on! Are you planning on being late??", Y/n yelled out to her husband, who was taking too much time to get dressed, "We are picking up the twins from school, not going to some premiere, Mr. Movie-star!", she said just as Tom came out of their bedroom.
"Well... If I'm Mr. Movie-star, you're Mrs. Movie-star", Tom smirked, grabbing Y/n by her waist and kissing her, sneakily taking the car keys from her hand.
"Come on, are you planning on being late?", He mocked, jingling the keys in front of her for extra effect.
"You bastard!", Y/n said as she chased behind him.
A week had passed since the funeral. Y/n and her mum were doing a lot better now. Tom knew that time was the best healer, and the pain from the loss would never go away, there had been nights when Y/n had cried herself to sleep. But as he'd vowed on the day she became his wife, he'd stand beside her every step of the path, he was there beside her, trying his best to console her.
Thinking so, Tom put a hand on Y/n's given she was sitting on the passenger's seat and he'd taken the driver's, she gazed at their now intertwined hands and softly smiled. She then went on to resume her task of looking out of the window.
Soon, they arrived at Thomas's Battersea and thankfully, just in time. Tom parked the car and Y/n and himself got out and were waiting for the twins. They didn't have to wait very long though, around a minute later, the kids started coming out of the doors.
Kevin, Kit, Iris and Keira were stepping out together discussing their homework when Kevin spotted his and Keira's mum and dad. It was very foreign to them to call someone mum and dad, after what they'd been through.
The kids parted and went to their respective parents with smiling faces. After all, it was Halloween that day. Although, Kevin and Keira's costumes had been kept a surprise.
"Hey, kiddos!", Tom said as Kevin and Keira hugged him and Y/n, a huge smile on their faces.
"Hop in. We've got a surprise for you both", said Y/n, grinning from ear to ear as she glanced at Tom.
The twins quickly got in and off the family went!
"Hey, slow down! You don't want to get hurt.", Y/n warned as the twins ran out of the car no sooner than Tom had parked. The adults were left with no choice but to follow.
By the time Tom and Y/n got to the living room, the twins had already gone to their respective rooms to change.
"Darling, you want to have a cuppa?", Tom asked.
"A cuppa sounds lovely honey", Y/n replied bending down to pet Tessa.
"What do you think, they'll like it?", Tom asks Y/n, handing her a teacup.
"Well, they better! We had to pull some strings to get 'em!", Y/n replied, taking a sip. After the couple finished their tea, they decided to check up on the kids. To their surprise, the twins were doing homework!
Soon, the kids came down after completing their homework to greet Tom and Y/n. They found Tom reading scripts and Y/n on her phone. Kevin and Keira shared a malicious glance with each other and quickly snuck up behind the adults' back and yelled on top of their lungs in unison, "Mum Dad!" Believe it or not, Tom and Y/n jumped three feet in the air, shocked.
"You little...", Y/n grinned maliciously after having recovered from the initial shock, sharing a glance with Tom.
Then and there the twins broke out in a full blown marathon across the house, Tessa with them. She didn't really know what was going on, but it seemed fun. Tom and Y/n were chasing after them.
Soon enough, the twins were on Tom and Y/n's, being tickled to death by said couple.
When Tom and Y/n had had enough, the plopped down on the bed too, with their legs hanging out, panting.  All of a sudden, the small family of four burst out laughing.
"That was fun", Keira said between laughs and Kevin hummed in agreement.
When they had calmed down their breaths and settled into a comfortable silence, Y/n decided to speak up.
"Guys, you don't want to see your clothes?"
At the mention of their costumes, the twins perk up.
"Tom, come with me. Both of you, eyes closed. No cheating.", Y/n declared, walking out of the room, Tom following her.

"Guys, you can open your eyes in 3,2,1...", Tom declared, the mini Spider-Man in his hands. Him and Y/n had pulled some strings to get small Spider-Man and Silk suits for the kids, official Marvel merch stuff. They hadn't even been officially launched for the public yet. Ah, the pros of being Marvel actors.

The twins started squealing when they saw their costumes. Tom and Y/n couldn't wipe the happy grin from their faces. It just couldn't get any better.
Abruptly, the twins hugged the couple, taking them by surprise.
"Thank you Thank you Thank you", they mumbled, voices muffled because their faces were hugging the couple's stomach, they couldn't reach their necks, unfortunately.
A couple of seconds later, Y/n thought she heard a small sniffle. She shot Tom a concerned glance and both of them immediately were on their knees to see to the problem. Keira was crying, softly, but yes, there were tear tracks on her cute cheeks with a little wet patch on Y/n's joggers.
"Hey hey love", Y/n said softly, running her fingers on the little girl's cheeks, slowly wiping the tears, "what's wrong? Don't you like it?"
Keira vigorously shook her head when asked about the costume, indicating that she liked it. She just hugged Y/n tightly and this time, Y/n hugged back, soothing the upset girl.
Later, when Tom was helping Kevin with the Spider-Man costume, Kevin told him that it was their first time trick or treating. Last time they spent Halloween crying, their then foster parent had beaten them when they asked about trick or treating. That was a possible reason as to why was Keira crying.

The little family had a blast trick or treating! Everyone complimented the kids on their costumes, making the kids very giddy. That day, all four of them, two kids and two adults, went to bed with a huge smile on their faces after a long time.