◦•●◉✿ Chapter 7 ✿◉●•◦

xxx

xxx

As soon as Y/m/n(Your mother's name) hung up, Y/n was up from the bed in a flash, grabbing her jacket, "Tom, stay with the twins, I have to go... Dad..."
"Shut it, I'll call Paddy to stay with you guys, I'm coming with you", Tom retorted, calling Paddy while racing with Y/n down the stairs. He hadn't asked what happened yet, he'd ask in the car. By the time the couple were at the door, Paddy was already there. He saw the panicked expression on his brother's and sister-in-law's face and decided against asking anything.
Tom saw Y/n going towards the driver's seat, "Hey, I'm driving! You're in no condition to drive!", he told her and she obliged, in a daze.
"To the hospital, quick!", the urgency was very evident in Y/n's voice when she said this. During the drive, Y/n's thigh was continuously bouncing up and down. Tom took notice and tried to soothe her nerves by putting his hand there, but this time around it did absolutely nothing. Y/n's face was devoid of any colour, she hadn't told him anything, all he knew that something was wrong, very wrong with Y/f/n(Your father's name).
Once they got to the hospital, Y/n was out of the car the moment Tom parked the car. Tom was actually having to put in a lot of effort to catch up to her. She ran to the reception and said, "Excuse me, can you please tell me where Mr. Y/f/n Y/l/n is?"
"And you both are...", the receptionist questioned, pointing at the couple.
"His daughter and son-in-law", Tom answered quickly.
"Okay, he's in room 214, 4th floor", she replied and Y/n took off again.
When they finally got to the fourth floor, Y/n had taken the stairs because the nearest elevator was blocked and she wanted to get to the floor as soon as possible so Tom followed her, partly worried that his wife would end up hurting herself with how fast she was running. Anyway, when they got to the floor and found the room, Y/n's mum was sitting outside the room, her head in her hands.
Y/n immediately knelt down to face her mother, "Mum, I'm here. Can you tell me what happened?", Y/n asked softly. At that exact moment, the doctor walked out of the room Y/f/n was in. Y/m/n's (your mother's name) head snapped to the direction of the doctor and Tom noticed the tear tracks down her cheeks. Her eyes were bloodshot and face was pink and blotchy.
"Um... Who are you?", the doctor asked Y/n and Tom.
"I'm his son-in-law, Tom Holland and she's his daughter, Y/n Holland", Tom replied quickly.
"Well, Mrs Y/n I'm really sorry. Your father had a major stroke while on the way here.", the doctor said and the next sentence was swimming in his eyes.
"No... Nonono...", Y/n repeated, shaking her head, she then barged in the room her father was in, Tom followed.
"Dad, dad!! Please...", Y/n's voice cracked, "please... This isn't funny!", seeing her father, her superhero on the hospital bed and his face pale. She quickly took his hand in hers, it was cold. She looked over to the heart monitor, the line was straight, not a bit uneven.
Tom was standing near the door, witnessing the love of his life break down and there was nothing he could do about it. He'd just had a word with the doctor and Y/m/n, they said that Y/f/n was having problems walking, speaking, etc and by the time he had been brought to the hospital...
Soon, the hospital staff were there to take Y/f/n's body to the morgue. Y/n was kneeling next to the hospital bed, holding her father's hand as if her life depended on it. Tom hadn't interfered, he wanted to give her some time to take it in. He'd comforted Y/m/n, but he had absolutely no clue what to tell his wife. Seeing her in this state was killing him.
Y/n was refusing to let go of her father's hands, saying that they'd made a mistake, that he was alive. That's when Tom stepped in, he slowly unlatched Y/n's hand from her father's, his own eyes glistening with unshed tears, and tried to hold her up, but she was writhing, wanting to get away.
"Tom, stop them! Dad isn't dead!",Y/n was yelling at him, punching his chest, he just held her tighter.
"Let go of me! Let go Tom!!! He's fine!!! It's just a prank!! Why are your eyes glistening? Don't cry!! For Christ's sake, he's alive", Y/n yelled, her own eyes glossy.
"Y/n", Tom said softly, cupping her cheeks with his hands, "love, he's gone... There is nothing you can do."
In that instant Y/n's knees couldn't hold her weight anymore and buckled, Tom continued to hold her as she bawled into his chest, grey shirt now soaking wet. Tom couldn't stop his tears from slipping, he'd known Y/f/n since he was in BRIT school, where he and Y/n became friends in the first place. He'd gone to him for advice when he asked you out, when he proposed to you. They went to buy his wedding tuxedo together.
After some time, Y/n finally detached herself from Tom and got up repeating the words, "I've got to be strong. For mum. For", she swallowed a lump in her throat, "dad."
She let out her hand for Tom to take and he got up as well. "Go to the twins, tell your mum and dad. I'll stay with mum for the night.", she said and Tom nodded, hugging his wife tight. He said his goodbyes to Y/m/n and embraced her as well. Then he got in the car they'd come in, the first thing he did was that he called his parents and then rang up Harrison. It was already dark so when he got home the twins and Paddy were having dinner.
The twins asked about Y/n, obviously, they went together but he returned alone. He explained to them in the vaguest way possible and comforted the kids to the best of his abilities.
When he got out of Kevin's room after having tucked him in, Paddy had made some pasta for him and then proceeded to force him to eat it. While Tom ate, under Paddy's watchful gaze, he told Paddy in detail about what had happened.
Before going to bed, he rang up Y/n and they talked for a while. She sounded so broken. She also told him that she had to give her mum a sleeping pill, because Y/m/n wouldn't be able to sleep otherwise. The also decided to make their managers handle the public announcement.
After the call, Tom texted his manager and delivered the news.
In ten minutes, the news was trending on every single social media platform.