I am tired

Kara's pov

To be honest when I saw Lena just barging into my office, I was fueled with rage, but a bit of sympathy. Ugh! Stop Kara!

I let her talk but it still doesn't change my mind. I knew she had more to say, so I would meet her at our...I mean her place at 6.

It was already 17:55 that means I had 5 minutes. I told Nia and James to take care of CatCo, because I had to leave early. I left the building and flew into the sky.

It took me exactly 3 minutes to arrive. I landed near the house and changed to Kara Danvers. I had to take a small walk to the house, but while walking I listened to her heartbeat and she was really nervous and...afraid?

I was infront of the door that I used to call home, but right now I see it as a place that tortures me with memories. I took a deap breath and knocked.

A minute has gone by, but I saw the door flung open with the woman I love...I mean once loved. "Come in." She said in a shaky voice. I could see she was crying the whole day, because her eyes are bloodshot red and puffy.

So I enterd the house. And I remembered everything...from moving in together to shattering that ring into pieces...It hurt so bad. I noticed I was standing so I turned my heel around, showing no emotion on my face. "A few hours ago you talked to me Miss Luthor. I saw you weren't finish. So talk." I said that really emotionless. Since that day at the beach house, I totally muted my humanity acting, as if it was never there...Or was it ever there?

I see Lena starting to cry again and she showed me the couch. Dammit! This couch has too many memories...From cuddling to having sex.

I looked at Lena again and gave her all the time to speak. She finally spoke up. "Kara you can call me Lena. I know I am the last person you want to see, but I miss you so much...I just wanted to see you again."

"You are lying, Lena. You don't want to see me. You don't miss me." I say coldly. Lena looked at me as she were just ripped in two. "Kara, of course I miss you." She said that through sobs.

"If you really miss me, why do I hear your heart beating in fear?" This was true. I memorized her heartbeat and know how she feels. "You are afraid of me."

She looked at me with shock. She knew she couldn't lie to me so she gave up. "Kara, I do really miss you. But what I saw today in your office, wasn't the Kara I know. Yo-you usually show emotion on your face and you are always happy. But what I see now is coldness. Just nothing." Well at least she was able to read my expression.

"What did I say once? Shame on me for having a human heart...right? Well that's the answer. I am not human...I'm a Kryptonian who has lost everything. My planet, my family, my cousin who has abandond me when I arrived on earth and I have lost so much, that little things don't trigger me anymore." I say that with no emotion, because I am tired of feeling something... I am tired!