18

Changbin POV

I was at the hospital for the next three weeks.The day after I had seen Felix,I went to see him again.

I opened the door after getting permission and stepped inside,only to be met with the empty hospital bed.

''Where is he?"I asked Hyuna and her boyfriend.

They looked down with sorrow and guilt on their faces and I felt my heart break into pieces.I slid against the wall and tears started falling off my cheeks.The couple came over to me and gave me a hug as I cried.

''I'm sorry we couldn't do anything...''Hyuna apologized to me over and over again.

I had tried to find him again,but nothing came out of it as every time I made an attempt,I was caught.I sighed,dropped the pen I was holding and cupped my face with my hands.

''Changbin....''

I looked to the door and saw my close friend standing there.

''Are you alright?"He worriedly asked.

''Yeah,Wooyoung.''I answered.

''Come to eat,I brought food.''

''Give me a minute.''

He nodded and closed the door.Wooyoung had heard I was in the hospital and since the dorm was no longer in operation and I had nowhere to stay,so he took me in.I had never told him about the district before and thought he would turn his back on me,but first thing he saw me,he hugged me tightly.

I hadn't stopped thinking about the others from Stray kids.When I finally had time,I had went to Chan's café and found him,Minho and Woojin there.There were so many tears.They told me they didn't know where the others were,but assured me they would too come into view some time later.And,soon enough,we saw the return of Hyunjin and Jeongin.I waited,and waited ,and waited for Chan to call me and tell me Felix was there.But,he never did.I was starting to lose hope.Nobody knew where he was.And I was unimaginably scared.He had told me before about his parents,where he had most likely returned,and the injuries he had the night he arrived into District 9 that were caused because of them were enough of a reason for me to lose sleep every night.

Most people in my college were chill and never bothered me about any of what was happening.There was an enormous uprising because of what had happened at the asylum.Protests,petitions,everything.People were inraged about the situation.The government had finally snapped under the pressure and the lawsuits against the founders of District 9 were dropped and redirected towards the staff of the asylums.The thing that happened to us wasn't only in Seoul,but to every other bigger city where the organization had dorms.Many,many people were fired or imprisoned.There were a lot more supporters of us than we initially thought that were surpressed by the government.There were so much changes and many for the better.

The only remaining question was what was going to happen to the ones in the dorms.

Felix pov

The moment I woke up in the hospital,I felt someone gripping my hand.I looked to my right and saw Olivia sitting there,holding my arm,talking quietly with Rin,Minji and Robert.They noticed I was awake and turned to me.

''Lix!''My sister carefully hugged me.

I rubbed her back soothingly.

''It's OK,it's OK....''

She pulled away and made way for the others.

''Hey.''My brother took a hold of my hand.''How are you feeling?''

''Could've been better.''I answered.

They all stared down at me with warm smiles on their faces.