Introduction

A/N: This is my second full-length story on Wattpad and it's a lot different from my Loki one! (I have very diverse interests.) But a friend recently told me this needed to be posted, so here it is! 

Being with Alex was like being on an adventure. I was never bored and I got to experience so much and with so many awesome people. His friends were hilarious and his family was unbelievably welcoming. I would tour with his band everywhere and spend the down time in Baltimore. He was a big kid with a great heart and a sense of humor that made me fall in love with him more everyday. We laughed all the time. I can hardly think of a memory where we weren't laughing. Even in the most intimate moments, we were able to laugh. That was so important to me. That I could be myself and laugh with him no matter what situation we were in. That's what true love is to me; being yourself with a person that accepts that totally.

Me and Alex broke up about 7 months ago. It's been the roughest 7 months of my life. I tried everything to move on. I went out with the girls, ate ice cream, took a vacation to Hawaii (I ended up crying in my hotel room the whole week), tried dating again, drank. But nothing worked. Not until I got high. A friend of mine had told me to try it and now it was the only time I felt good. It was such a subtle ease to the pain; more like a beautiful numbness. The truth is; whenever I was tripping out, I saw Alex. I would hear his voice again. It was the only time life felt worth living again. I would lull myself to sleep in my Alex high then wake up groggy and just mellow enough to get through work and repeat the process.