Chapter Two: He Might Have Some Anger Issues

Storm Troopers led you into the shuttle, leaving you at the back of the ship and disappearing to the front. You backed up against the wall, the cool metal stinging your bare shoulders slightly. Having never left your home planet, you had no clue what to expect from space travel and no clothing appropriate for the change in temperature.

You glanced around the shuttle, so far back that the lighting was dim and you could barely see the outline of the pilots sitting at the front of the ship.

You fell to the floor as the shuttle jolted into the air and the sudden change in movement pinned you against the wall. Once in the air, you slumped lower on the floor, deciding to stay put instead of standing.

Having nothing better to do, you began to comprehend what you were getting yourself into; really you realized that you didn't know what you're getting yourself into. You had just given up your life to the First Order, basically pledging yourself to be Kylo Ren's fucking student.

The only thing you had experience with was working on your family's farm and you weren't sure those skills would transfer over to whatever the hell you were going to be doing. And you knew what the First Order was notorious for, you knew what they were capable of and what their mission was.

Your mind began to race as you subconsciously began to think of ways you could escape and go into hiding with your family. While you were panicking, you heard the sound of the Commander walking to the back of the ship, causing your anxiety to increase.

All of a sudden, you felt pressure at your throat, crushing your windpipe. Your body slowly rose into the air, still pressed against the cool metal walls of the ship, until you were face to face with Kylo Ren, your eyes meeting the blank stare of his mask.

"I sense anxiety in you, regret, fear,"

"No shit," you spat at him, struggling against the pressure at your throat, surprised by what you just said. He tightened his Force grip and took a step closer, his body inches away from yours.

"Watch your mouth," he growled quietly, tilting his head slightly toward your face.

You pursed your lips, choosing to hold back the string of insults waiting on the tip of your tongue, itching to lash out.

"The Force is strong with you," he released his grip on your throat, but continued to pin you against the wall, your toes just barely brushing the ground. "Tell me about the first time you felt it."

The memory flickered in the back of your mind, but you chose not to repeat it and stayed silent, staring at the ground.

"I see. If you refuse to tell me, then I will have to retrieve the memory myself,"

Again, you declined from speaking, trying to look anywhere but at the Commander. Pressure suddenly filled your head, even stronger than the crushing strength you had felt at your throat. The pain took over all your other senses, causing you to cry out.

Flashes of the attack on your brother were in the front of your mind, it was as if you were experiencing and reacting all over again. You felt the intense anger you had that day, the power you felt when you saw the creature writhing and screaming in the dirt, the satisfaction of striking the creature until it was dead...

Just as suddenly as the pain came, it disappeared, leaving you panting and sweaty on the floor. Kylo Ren towered over you, his mask staring blankly down at your face.

"It seems your anger was your source for power," dread filled you, realizing how horrible that made you sound and you cursed yourself for your own memories betraying you.

"Your anger will serve the First Order well, it will be a base for your power."

He stepped even closer and you felt your breath hitch in your throat. He forced you into a standing position, pushing you even harder against the wall.

"By the time we're finished with you, you will be just as merciless as the rest of us. You will leave your morals behind, you will leave your entire existence behind."

"No," you whispered, tears stinging the corners of your eyes. "I will never be like you, I'm only doing this to protect my family."

"We'll see," his modulated voice crackled dangerously.

"Fuck you," you stared directly into his mask, trying to show your defiance.

He stepped forward once again, his body directly against yours, making it impossible to move. His hand came to your throat and slowly slid up your neck to your chin, holding your face firmly in his leather covered fingers.

"Watch your mouth," his voice was barely audible. "I will not warn you again."

He released his hold on you and stalked away, back to the front of the ship. You flinched as you brushed your fingers over your chin, already feeling a bruise forming on your face.

Sliding to the ground again, you dragged your knees to your chest and rested your head on them, your body shaking even more than it had before.