Chapter Three: A Room Full of Murderers

The shuttle landed with a jolt, causing you to lurch forward slightly. Storm Troopers hastened to open the door to the shuttle and leave the ship, seeming to forget you in the back.

Just when you thought you were alone, Kylo Ren again stomped to the back of the ship and took hold of your arm, forcing you to stumble after him.

"You don't have to drag me," you tried to wrench your hand from his, but he tightened his grip, his leather fingers digging into your wrists.

Choosing not to fight this battle, you stopped trying to pull away and quickened your pace to keep up with him, hoping that he heard you grumbling swear words in defiance.

A pale man with ginger hair and a pinched face was waiting on the landing platform and walked alongside the Commander; you had heard about General Hux from some of the travelers that occasionally came to your home planet and decided he was someone you shouldn't make small talk with.

You struggled to keep up with the two men and their long legs, leaving you to stumble slightly behind them, your wrist still held firmly by Ren. You looked around as you walked but only saw metal walls, blinking control panels, and closed doors. No way to escape and nothing interesting to look at.

At the end of a dark corridor stood a couple of 'troopers, guarding the door they were in front of. They stepped aside as you approached and opened the door to the room.

General Hux was the first to march in and the Commander gestured for you to follow him. You finally ripped your hand from his grasp and glared at him before stepping hesitantly into the room.

The room was huge with dark walls and red lighting and at the far side, there was a towering throne. Perched upon it was a pale, disfigured looking creature who smirked as you approached.

"Supreme Leader," both Commander Ren and General Hux made a slight bow as a sign of respect for the alien on the throne while you stood a few feet behind them with your arms crossed as you glared at Snoke, trying to ignore your shaking knees.

"I see your mission was successful," the Supreme Leader shifted in his seat and stared past the two men and directly at you; your heart rate increased dramatically and you looked away, noticing both Hux and Ren watching you.

"Step forward, young one," you slowly walked past the Commander and stood as close as you dared to the massive throne. You glared into Snoke's marred face which was contorted into a smile.

"I can sense intense power in you, it's even stronger than we thought."

Heat crept to your face and you looked away from him.

"Tell me, what do you know about the Force?"

"Nothing," you glanced back at the Commander who still showed no sign of emotion because of the mask. "I just know it's stronger in some people than others and you can use it to make people do whatever you want."

Snoke cackled and shook his head, mocking your knowledge.

"Naive girl, the Force is so much more than that."

You glared back at him again, knowing that if you weren't so terrified, you would try to kill him right then and there.

"If you want to keep yourself and your family alive, you must prove yourself."

You looked back at Ren, hoping to see some nod of encouragement or some sign of what Snoke meant, but of course, nothing.

"Take Ren's weapon, and kill that traitor, prove that you have what it takes. If you want to keep your family alive, you will do it."

For the first time, you noticed a battered looking man, held in place by Storm Troopers in a corner of the room. You recognized his uniform and realized he was a pilot for the First Order.

When you looked back at the Commander again, he was holding out his lightsaber, its huge hilt looking small in his hands. You slowly walked back towards Ren and took the saber, your hands barely wrapping the whole way around its hilt.

Taking one last glance at Snoke, you made your way towards the man in the corner, hating yourself for what you were about to do.

The Storm Troopers released him as you approached but the man didn't move. He glanced up at you and you stopped a few feet away from him, shocked by his bloodied face.

"You don't have to do this," he whispered, his eyes pleading with you.

Your heart sank as you looked at him. "I have too, they'll kill me and my family and-"

"They caught me trying to help members of the Resistance escape." He cut you off quickly, trying to convince you. "These people," he looked past you at Snoke, Ren, and Hux. "They're monsters. If you give your life to them, you're leaving all your morals behind, you're giving up everything you believe in."

Tears slipped out of your eyes for what felt like the hundredth time. Every feature of the man's face, his desperate eyes and pleading smile, was burned into your mind as you shut your eyes

"I'm so sorry," you whispered and turned your head away from the man as you ignited the lightsaber. You squeezed your eyes shut even tighter just as the weapon found its target, and you held in a sob when you heard him gasp and crumple to the floor.

You turned back to look at the men in the middle of the room, stumbling away from the body, the tears in your eyes making your vision blurry. Kylo Ren slowly approached you and took the lightsaber from your hand.

"Good girl," he murmured softly before walking back towards Snoke.

"So...you do have what it takes," Snoke smiled crookedly at you and you looked away, the body of the man you just killed visible in the corner of your eye.

"You will be called by a new name, something to remind you of your heartless deed..."

"She will be called Slona," the Commander stepped forward and stood next to you. Your heart dropped to your stomach when you heard the name, knowing where the word came from.

"Ah, 'cold' in the Sith language. Yes, that name will suit you well, it will serve as a reminder of your cold heart."

Your face fell and you chose to ignore Ren looking at you, afraid of what you might say.

"You will train with Ren and learn to control your powers. You will serve the First Order and in return, no harm will befall your family."

Kylo's hand snaked up your arm, holding your elbow tightly as a warning: "Don't you dare do anything."

You wrenched your arm from his grasp and your eyes shot daggers at him, silently daring him to grab you again.

"General Hux, take the girl back to the shuttle, I have business to attend to with Ren."

You glared at Snoke one last time and followed Hux out of the room, trying to ignore the sound of the pilot's voice, echoing over and over again in your mind.