Chapter Twenty Nine: What Must be Done

As usual, you woke the next morning to a sick feeling in your stomach, your inner turmoil setting in to remain with you throughout the day.

But this unsettling feeling felt stronger than normal, beginning to fill you with fear. Yet again, you knew something was about to happen.

Sighing, you pulled yourself off the ground, yanked on some clothes, and headed out the tent, deciding to look for General Organa and what she needed from you next.

Just as you were about to open the door to the meeting room, an overwhelming pain shot through you, starting at your head and spiraling down to your toes. You fell to your knees, clutching your head, trying to suppress the ache that only continued to worsen.

"Hey, what happened, why-" Poe Dameron's voice slowly faded away, his body kneeling next to you slowly fading from view.

With a cry, everything suddenly went silent, leaving you feeling like your head was splitting open.

You could see Kylo clearly, even more solid than he had been the night before, his eyes boring into you.

"So that's where you are,"

Overwhelming fear began to set in as he seemed to walk closer, realizing that he could see where you were. That he now knew where the Resistance was.

"I'm coming for you, little one."

Just as suddenly as the pain came, it disappeared, leaving you shaking and sobbing on the ground.

"What? What the- what in the galaxy is going on?"

Poe took hold of your shoulders, forcing you to look at him. His brown eyes looked at you questioningly, his dark hair sticking up at odd angles.

"The Commander," you panted as you looked at him, tears clouding your vision. "Kylo, he knows where we are."

"Oh shit, oh shit, we have to tell the General."

He quickly took hold of your hand and yanked you to your feet, leading you to the meeting room as fast as possible.

Your head ached as you hurried along, but the fear of what would happened next was far more prominent.

"General,"

The two of you burst into the room, making the Resistance leaders look up in surprise. General Organa was standing in front of you two within seconds, a look of concern crossing her face, like she already knew what you were about to say.

"Kylo Ren, he knows where we are, he knows where this base is."

The General looked back and forth between the two of you, hoping for more information.

"Do we have any idea of when the First Order will get here? How much time do we have to leave? We're not prepared for a fight,"

She stared desperately at you, hoping for more answers.

You squeezed your eyes shut, trying to connect with Kylo, trying to see into the First Order.

"I'm not sure, but I know that they could make it into this system within the hour," you glanced around the room, seeing all of the anxious faces.

"Our forces are still weakened from our last encounter with them; our best bet would be to leave this base as soon as possible."

You nodded at her agreeing, but Poe pushed you aside.

"I mean no disrespect General, but I believe our fighters could have a shot, we still have enough pilots and
X-Wings to-"

"Poe," General Organa lifted a hand to silence him, cutting him off.

"Not this time."

He bowed his head and backed away, a pink tint of embarrassment crossing his face.

"Inform the whole base, we need to take as much stuff as possible and board our shuttles to head to the nearest allied system."

She turned to you to give a slight smile, but the blood drained from her face at the sound of screams from outside. It felt as if a dark cloud had just covered up the sun, darkening the atmosphere, intensifying everyone's fear. Blasters could be heard shooting in every direction, marching Storm Troopers stalked past the windows, throwing people to the ground as they tried to escape.

"Get everyone out of here now!"

People began racing out of the room, stumbling over each other, picking up whatever tools and equipment they could find as they went.

"Prepare to board a transport, child." She shoved you in the direction of one of the doors, pointing at one of the transports that people were already streaming onto.

"General," you turned around to face her, resolve settling into you. "I can hold him off, Kylo, I can ensure that everyone leaves safely."

Her brows furrowed and she shook her head at you, walking forward to take your hands in hers.

"You can't face him alone,"

You smiled sadly at her before softly kissing her hand and pulling away.

"I know what I need to do,"

With her lips set into a thin line, she nodded at you, motioning for you to leave.

"May the Force be with you, child, always."

You looked back at her one last time as you headed out towards the 'troopers.

"Leia, thank you for everything."

With one last smile, you raced out of the meeting room, making your way through base and heading towards the First Order shuttle.

A sense of calm came over you as you ignited your lightsaber, defending yourself from the 'troopers you ran past. You knew what you needed to do, what needed to happen next.

As you ran, you felt at peace, knowing that this is what you've been waiting for your whole life, this was your purpose, what you were born to do.
You didn't know it until now, funny how that works.

You had spent your whole life feeling alone, like no one understood you. You sought out guidance, answers, affection from anyone who would give those things to you.

You desperately wanted to figure out your calling, but you couldn't figure out what your destiny was supposed to be, what you were supposed to do with your life.

But as you made your way through the Resistance camp alone, cutting down First Order troops as you went, you were sure that this was it, this was your calling. This was what you've waited your whole life to do.

You stopped dead in your tracks when you saw Kylo descending the ramp of his shuttle, his lightsaber already ignited as he headed towards you.

With shaky steps, you slowly walked towards him, knowing with certainty what had to be done.

__________________________
*alright my loves, the next chapter is the last one! Love you guys so much 🖤*