Chapter Thirty: A Desire Fulfilled

You hesitantly walked towards Kylo, holding your lightsaber limply at your side. He ripped his mask off his head as you approached, holding his saber defensively in front of him.

You held your breath as you got closer to him, more afraid of the look in his eyes than the crackling weapon in between you two.

"Kylo,"

You both stopped.

"You don't deserve to call me that anymore," his deep voice was filled with either sadness or anger, but you weren't sure which one yet.

You circled each other slowly, neither one of you wanting to start this fight. 

You tried to ignore what you needed to do, getting lost in his eyes, watching the way his body moved, seeing how his hair rippled in the wind.  You remembered how his body felt against yours, how your bodies moved as one, how he would look at you like you were the only woman in the universe.

Taking a deep breath, you stepped closer and whispered to him.

"Ben,"

He snarled and swung his lightsaber at you, barely giving you enough time to ignite your own and defend yourself.

"I never want to hear that name again,"

You pushed forward with your saber, forcing him to stumble away from you.

"But it's who you are," your voice cracked as you screamed at him, holding your weapon in front of you warily. "This conflict in you, it will only grow."

A piercing yell escaped him as he swung at you again, striking you repeatedly, leaving you to half heartedly block his attacks.

A mixture of pain but also calm was swirling inside you, the clashing feelings trying to distract you from the task at hand.

Looking behind you quickly, you flipped backwards and landed on a broken down shuttle, making it so that you were looking down at Kylo. At least I have the high ground.

"Come down and fight!" He paced back in forth on the ground in front of you, even though he could easily join you on top of the ship.

"I've seen your future, I know how your story ends."

He glanced up at you, shaking his head and laughing joylessly as he continued pacing.

"And I've seen your ending," he finally stopped pacing and faced you. "You won't win this fight, you can't beat me."

You smiled sadly at him again, knowing that his anger was just a front.

"Beating you was never part of the plan," you climbed down onto one of the wings of the ship, stopping just a little bit a way from him, still higher up. "Because I know now what has to be done."

He simply stared at you, obviously not understanding a word of what you were saying.

"I've searched my whole life for my purpose, never quite sure of what it was," you hopped off the wing and stood on the ground a few feet away from him. "And I never thought that my destiny would be saving someone else."

"Save me?" He scoffed at you, sneering. "You think you can bring me back? Save my soul?"

You took a step closer, your un-ignited lightsaber held at your side.

"I don't know when or how, but you will come back to the light. You will leave behind Kylo Ren and become Ben Solo once again."

You stood directly in front of him, no longer afraid.