United We Stand

I felt dazed, my body aching all over. Continuous light thuds told me that there were still small bits of wreckage falling down from above, but it didn't sound like much. I forced my eyes open, but there wasn't much I could see. The rubble had reached new heights, and the dust was thicker than ever. I tried to move, but a sharp pain in my leg stopped me. Silently pleading that this wasn't going to be bad, I braced myself and twisted my torso to look at what was causing the issue, rubble rolling off of my back as I moved, pain shooting down the left side of my ribs. My leg was trapped under numerous pieces of concrete and scaffolding, the dark red staining around the fabric of my clothes clarified that it had cut me, thankfully the amount of blood didn't look to be much. As my body shook from the strain of the awkward angle, I collapsed back onto my front, breathing heavily.

"Guys?" I called, my voice breaking into a coughing fit at the dryness in my throat from the dust. "Guys!"

I heard some groaning to my left, followed by the sound of tumbling rocks, presumably from someone moving.

"Rebel?" Sam's voice muttered nearby.

"I'm over here." I sighed, relief washing over me at the sound of his voice. "Where are the others?"

Sam's footsteps got closer, and I tried to roll my body enough to see him approach.

"I don't know, I just came to." He answered, stopping beside me, and cursing as he saw me pinned in place. "You alright?"

"Me? I'm just dandy, mate." I replied sarcastically, "Just one little thing. You mind rolling that crap off my leg, it's a little sore."

With a small chuckle, Sam carefully walked around behind me, and began to uncover my legs.

"Ugh." A voice grumbled somewhere to the right.

"Cain? Jax?" I called, trying to pull my leg free, and wincing as the rubble pressed deeper into my skin.

"Stay still, not there yet." Sam warned me, lifting another pole from my leg.

"I'm over here." Cain's voice called out, weakly.

"You good?" I shouted, listening for more signs of movement.

More rocks ralling echoed, and groaning as Cain began to move, drawing nearer.

"Yeah I'm good." He said as he closed in on our location.

Sam removed the last piece of concrete, freeing me. I swore under my breath as I pulled my leg away, rolling over, the pain from the cut, and across my ribs, all hitting me at once. He offered me his hand, helping me to my feet on the uneven terrain.

"Cheers." I smiled, clapping him on the shoulder, just as Cain appeared, looking slightly battered, with a cut to his cheek and hand.

"Your leg," He began, climbing over a number of poles, and gesturing at the blood on my clothes. "How bad is it?"

I shrugged it off, my main concern being for the still missing member of our team... Jax.

"It's nothing, probably just a small scrape."

"Scrapes don't bleed that much, Bane." He said firmly.

"First name terms huh? You going into serious mode now Hustler?" I smirked, attempting to lighten the mood, and divert his attention.

He scowled, and then nodded to Sam, who instantly dropped to his knees and tugged my trouser leg up to inspect the injury.

"Nasty cut, but it doesn't look serious. Might need some stitches." He explained, before covering it back up.