Official

As the weeks passed into months, Lacey and I grew even closer. I was finally allowing myself to feel things that I'd long forbidden myself to feel. After all these years, they flooded to me, so strong, so overpowering. I admired and adored the woman that was becoming a significant piece of my life, and with every day that we spent together, I was aware of how much I was beginning to fall for her. I couldn't fight it any longer, I couldn't stop it, and if I was being entirely honest with myself, I didn't want to either. I was swept up in pure paradise, and I never wanted it to end.

"What are you thinking about?" Lacey asked sleepily, rolling onto her side and blinking up at me.

"You." I answered simply, stretching out an arm and drawing her in closer, feeling satisfaction spreading through me as she rested her head on my chest.

"Oh yeah? Anything in particular about me?"

"Maybe." I admitted.

The words were right there, on the tip of my tongue, but something stopped me from uttering them. Maybe this wasn't the right time, or the right place, maybe it was fear that was stopping me, maybe it was perfectionism. Whatever it was, I knew that I'd say them soon, I needed to, and I needed her to know.

"Are you going to tell me?" She laughed, moving to sit up, the sheets falling off of her and revealing her sun kissed skin, and perfect curves, still naked from last night.

"Soon." I smirked, leaning in and kissing her.

I could kiss her all day, everyday, and never want to stop. But sadly, we had other plans today, and they would involve getting out of bed, which wouldn't happen if I didn't hurry up and move.

The park was busy, as it always was at this time of year. The sun beamed down from the cloudless blue sky, and the scent of freshly mown grass and barbecue lingered on the warm breeze. Climbing out of the car, I reached into the back seat for the selection of food that we'd packaged up for the occasion, and passed some to Lacey. This was a tradition that we did every year. A big Red Watch family barbecue in the park. Everyone was invited, along with their families. My dad and Marya had already texted me to say they were here, and I could see from the crowd, that everyone else was too.

"Seems that we're the last here." Lacey said as we started to walk across the field.

"Might have something to do with a certain person not wanting to get out of bed." I teased, nudging her slightly.

The nearer we got, the more that everyone came into focus. Tom was monitoring the barbecue, as always. He was used to being in charge, so it was only natural that he took that role, along with his wife, Crystal, who stood at his side, slicing up bread, her red hair glowing like fire under the sun. I was pleased to see Cindy not too far from there, casually dressed for once, but clearly looking like she'd made an effort. A glass of wine in hand, and watching as Alex played with their two year old son. He was the happiest that I'd seen him in ages, and that smile grew even brighter as his ex wife put down her drink and moved to sit beside him on the grass. Cain and Sam were by the cooler, pulling out a few beers, whilst their wives, Hope and Eva were settling their kids with some cups of juice. My father, Marya, Jax, Heidi and Will were all sitting at the table, picking at the snacks and clearly in deep conversation, whilst Pixie and Johnny laid on the grass a stone's throw away, both sunbathing and chatting quietly. An umbrella was erected at the next bench, and I saw Dodger and Emilia seated beneath it, his arms wrapped around her as she leant against him, her growing bump standing out under her simple top and flowing skirt.

"About bloody time." Jax shouted, spotting us drawing nearer.

I laughed, stopping at the table, and placing the food down with Lacey.