Chapter Eight - The CEO Reborn Step Brother - Task World One (8)

Hol was with Eileen and Noel until it was almost ten. He decided he should go home so he could be able to see the video that was sent by Starie. After dealing with Eileen pouting for a while at him going home she finally allowed him to go back after giving him all the stuff they bought during their trip for him.

Hol felt oddly embarrassed by getting so much affection from parent figures. He left the house feeling light on his feet. After being dropped off by his driver, Hol went and put anyway the gifts from his parents in a guest room then went to take a shower.

After he got out of the shower wearing a bathrobe, Hol finally decided to watch the video. Sitting on his bed and holding his phone sideways, he watched what Caleb and Racheal were planning to do. Looking at the video he saw that Caleb was in a restaurant with Racheal, from what he could see he learned that it was a private room in a restaurant.

Caleb had a dark look on their face but Racheal was looking at them with an annoyed expression. "Get rid of that expression on your face. You are making the food taste like shit. You want that brother of yours to fail, don't you?" Racheal had a glass of white wine in her hand that she took a sip out of.

"Of course I do! That piece of shit always succeeds in life and yet here I am! I am always the step-brother whenever people talk about me. They see me as the black sheep in the family. It is insulting to be looked down upon by a bunch of useless people who could never reach me in society!" Caleb slammed their fist into the table, causing Racheal to flinch a bit but she quickly shook it off with a smile on her face.

"You don't have to worry about that anymore, with my help everyone will see Terrance as the black sheep. Also, that hacker you hire will help with getting all the secret and important files from his company so why are you so mad?" Racheal moved closer to Caleb and put a hand on their shoulder like she was going to massage them. The expression on Caleb's face slowly grew calmer as they looked at the smiling Racheal.

"You are sure that you can help me with messing with Terrance? I want him to be at the bottom, so far at the bottom that he could never recover and fix his reputation. I want him to be hated by everyone and I mean everyone." Caleb was looking at Racheal with intense eyes which she just smirked at and put down her glass filled with wine. She took out a packet of pills from her purse that was next to her.

"With these pills, I can knock out Terrance and slip into his bed. When he wakes up he will be out of it. I can have sex with him during that time and once the pills leave his system I will tell everyone he forced himself onto me and demand he be arrested." Racheal kisses the packet of pills with a dark look in her eyes. Caleb ended up smiling at that and took the pills from her, putting it away in their pocket.

"I can help out with that. The meeting he is going to have soon will take place in a high place hotel. I can slip the pill into his drink and pass along the key to his room to you so that you can sneak in." Caleb got up from the seat they were sitting in and fixed up their clothes, giving a satisfied nod to Racheal. Racheal took another drink from her glass with a pleased expression on her face.

Caleb left the room, leaving Racheal by herself. After waiting for a few minutes, she took out a recorder which she kissed with a happy look on her face. "Always have leverage. Never know if they will betray you in the end." Racheal put away the recorder in her purse and left the room, with a smile still on her face.

When the video finally ended Hol had a dark expression on his face. He was gripping his phone so hard that a crack appeared on the screen. He had an urge to repeatedly smash Racheal's head in until she was no longer able to move. He was snapped out of this when he felt something on his shoulder. Starie was in their fox form again, rubbing their head against his face. Hol felt himself relax as Starie continued to comfort him.

"Okay, so both of them are pieces of shit. Now how can I make this end badly for them? I don't want her to even sleep with Terrance. And I can't just be at the meeting. . . I guess the only thing I could do is show Terrance this. But what if they manage to go through with the plan?! I mean sure I have proof that he didn't do anything but he is still assaulted by her!" Hol fell back onto the bed with a pissed-off expression. He didn't want her to touch him, just thinking of her doing anything to Terrance made Hol want to break something in anger.

'She can't lay her hands on him! He doesn't deserve that. . . Just because he rejected you doesn't mean you can just drug him and force yourself onto him! I won't let you touch him. . .I don't want anything to happen to him.' Hol hands covered his eyes as his thoughts got even more frantic when he thought of Racheal forcing herself onto Terrance. His heart felt like it was being stabbed repeatedly, causing him to clutch at his chest tightly. He was trying very hard not to go into a rage and after a few moments of breathing, he finally relaxes.

Hol went to grab his phone again, which he must have thrown away during his anger, and went to message Terrance. 'Let meet up tomorrow during lunch break, if you can. If not then let meet up after work is over.' Hol felt nervous as he sent the message to Terrance and just stared at his phone waiting for a reply. He was worried that Terrance would say no or they would tell him to leave them alone. This was too much for him to handle!

'I can make time during lunch break for you. I mean even if I had something I would still make time for you. I can't wait for our lunch date. See you soon. A day without seeing you is a day too long.' Hol felt his cheeks burning as he read the message and felt like it was reaching a boiling level when Terrance decided it was a good idea to send him a bunch of kissy emojis and heart emojis.

Not wanting to deal with the embarrassment anymore Hol just sent him back a firm goodnight and put his phone on the charger for the night. Hol was still in the bathrobe and knew he should change into his sleepwear but he was too filled with many emotions at the moment.

He decided to just take off the bathrobe and sleep in his rather expensive-looking boxers, trying not to think about Terrance as his conscience went into sleep mode. Before he fully went into sleep mode, Hol kept hearing crying from someone that sounded so familiar.

He didn't know why but he just wanted to comfort that person and tell them it was his choice. He is doing it for their safety but for some reason, he knew if he said that they would get mad at him, so he could only keep his mouth shut. He knew how much they hated when he would allow himself to get hurt if it meant they would be safe.

But he didn't want anything to hurt them... He... Before he could finish his thought, he finally fell asleep, an uncomfortable feeling in his heart.

Author Note - Here is another chapter for my story! I hope it was enjoyable and other positive words! I may either update it on Thursday or Sunday. I guess it depends on what I decide on writing for the next chapter. Well, I hope everyone is safe and healthy. Bye-bye for now (*●⁰ꈊ⁰●)ノ~☆