Chapter Nine - The CEO Reborn Step Brother - Task World One (9)

Hol woke up feeling slightly uncomfortable but he quickly shook the feeling off, getting out of his bed so he could get ready for the day. He decided he wanted to show off when he met up with Terrance later since today was the day he will get the task done for Karson. So he decided to wear a button-up shirt, leaving two buttons undone, and loose-fit pants with boots. He even decided to put his hair in a low ponytail, with flowers hair clips in his hair.

Looking in the mirror in the closet he felt kind of good but felt like he could do better so he decides to add a peacoat to his outfit. Feeling like that added to his already good looks Hol felt somewhat better about meeting with Terrance later.

Hol was going to exit his room to head to work but he stops, realizing there was something he should do that will be helpful later on. Turning on his phone Starie appeared on it with their usual cheerful expression. "Hey, I need you to dig up all the not necessarily legal business deals of Racheal's father. Seeing how she turned out I have a feeling her father isn't that much better. Also, make sure to send her father's wife evidence of his past affairs and many other children that I am sure he has. Then give her information for the best divorce lawyer, she will need it."

Starie eyes turn completely bright and Hol could see words and numbers going through their eyes quickly. After a minute of this Starie eyes turn back to normal and gave Hol a happy smile, feeling pleased with completing the task assign to them. "Does the host want to send the illegal stuff Racheal's father did to the police right now or should I hold on to it until the moment is right?"

"I want Racheal to go from living her life to the fullest to crashing down hard onto the ground, unable to get up and try to save her situation. Let her think everything in life is good for right now. It will be fun seeing someone's life reach the lowest point." Hol had a dark smile on his face as he pictures her expression at everything going wrong for her and her family. He still felt pissed at what she wanted to do to Terrance, this angry of his won't go away.

After saying goodbye to Starie, he put his phone in his peacoat and left his room. He went to his dining room where breakfast was waiting for him. As he took a seat where his breakfast was located he felt an intense stare coming from next to him. He tried not to flinch once he realizes that Lennon was standing next to him with a cup of coffee in her hand.

He fidgets in his seat as Lennon set the coffee down, still looking at him with those intense eyes of her. ". . . You look different. It a good look for you." After giving him a small smile she left to do something else in the house. Hol felt his heart grow warm at Lennon's approval about how he looks and ate his breakfast with a small smile on his face.

After he finishes his breakfast he went straight to his kitchen, deciding he would make lunch for him and Terrance once they met later on. He wanted it to be fancy but he had to go to work so it had to be simple. Since Karson knew how to cook everything came easy to him, especially making cute designs with the food.

After he was satisfied with what he made he finally left his home and headed to work, nervously holding the food for him and Terrance. Once he was at work he made sure to put the food up somewhere safe. His time at work was filled with him bumping into stuff and nearly dropping something important.

Carol was slowly getting annoyed with him and had to follow behind him to make sure he didn't do anything else. Hol slowly got worse the closer it got to the time he and Terrance were going to meet.

Once it was time to meet for their lunch date Hol made sure to get the food he made for him and Terrance. He was waiting outside nervously for Terrance and felt his heart nearly come out of his chest once he saw Terrance's car. He walked stiffly to the car and got in it. Terrance was looking at the food container in Hol's hands with interest and Hol could hear their stomach growling.

"Am I going to eat your cooking for lunch? This is going to be the best lunch break I ever have. Where should we eat this?" Terrance was looking at Hol with warm eyes, causing Hol's face to grow warm as he nervously looks at the food container in his hands.

"Let eat this at your place. I have something important to tell you that I don't want anyone else to hear." Hol was impressed with himself once he realizes he didn't stumble with his words at all. He still wasn't looking at Terrance but one problem at a time.

Terrance let out a sound of agreement and started to drive to their home. Hol was sitting in the car silently as he thought about how he would tell Terrance his feelings. He never did this before, always being the one who was asked out not the one asking someone out.

This nervous feeling continued all the way to Terrance's home. As the car come to a stop, Hol went to open the car door but was stopped by Terrance who got out of the car first and open the door for him. As Hol got out of the car, he tried not to laugh as Terrance gave him an overdramatic bow.

As they went to Terrance's house, Hol notices how while it was rather big it looks rather normal looking. Like it was something that was passed down in a family and not just belonging to one person. Hol tries not to look around since he was sure Karson had been here many times and it would be weird if he was just looking around with interest.

As Terrance walks in the house with Hol following behind them, Hol notices that the inside was like the outside as well. They continue to walk until Terrance took them to the dining room. Hol notice there were only two chairs at the dining table and decided to sit at the one closest to him. Terrance went to the other chair but instead of sitting down they pick up the chair and put it next to Hol.

Hol could feel his face getting hot as Terrance gives him a bright smile and not caring that their shoulders were basically touching each other. "Before we eat I want to show you something important. Also please don't ask me how I got it. I wouldn't know how to tell you." Trying to ignore the hot feeling on his face Hol took out his phone and showed Terrance the video of Caleb and Racheal's conversation.

The smile on their face disappear and their eyes grew serious as they watch the video on Hol's phone. Hol felt nervous about what Terrance will ask him when the video is over. He tried to calm down his racing heart but didn't help him at the moment.

"So our family bond was that weak, Caleb? You hate me that much that you are willing to destroy my life." Terrance had their hand covering their eyes and their other hand was tightly in a fist. Hol put a hand on Terrance's fist and rub his thumb comfortably on his fist, hoping it would make them feel better.

"Um, this wasn't the only thing I came here to talk to you about. This may be a bad time but it is better to get it off my chest. I mean this was a long time coming but I felt too scared and worried about telling you. I-I like you! A lot. . . I mean I know we kissed and all. Also, you heard what I said to Caleb too but I wanted to directly tell you." Hol closed his eyes tightly, not wanting to look at Terrance's expression as he said all of this. He could feel himself shaking and his heart felt like it was going to come out of his chest as he wanted for Terrance to say something.

Hol opens his eyes when he felt something lightly bump into his forehead. He felt his face get burning hot as Terrance look at him with eyes filled with love. The hand Hol had on Terrance's fist was quickly held by them and Terrance rubs their nose against Hol.

"I was waiting to hear that, Karson. This has to be the happiest moment in my life. I feel like this could be even better with a kiss, you know? Can I kiss you?" Terrance didn't get any closer to Hol, waiting for him to say or do something first. Hol felt himself smile wide at the waiting Terrance and decided to kiss them first.

His soul did that weird thing again they kiss but Hol didn't mind it. It made his soul feel so good whenever they kiss each other. It made him feel like he was somewhere safe with a person he trusts. It was a nice feeling. Hol put a hand on Terrance's neck and kissed them deeper. He felt his stomach jump when he heard Terrance let out a noise when he licked at their lips.

Hol doesn't know how long they were kissing but he didn't want to stop at all. He just wanted to keep kissing them until he could no longer breathe anymore. He was in heaven at the moment.

Author Note - I almost didn't get this finish today due to me being distracted by so many things that were getting on my nerves. But here it is. The chapter. I hope this was enjoyed and everyone is healthy and safe. Bye-bye for now (*●⁰ꈊ⁰●)ノ~☆