Chapter Twenty-Two - End Of The World Savior - Task World Two (8)

Hol was looking out the window of an abandoned house he found. He was making sure no zombies or people would sneak up on him as he was watching over the unconscious Bret and Rubin. Hol kept nervously looking over to Bret as he breathed slowly on the bed he put them on.

"Starie... Are you telling me everything? Why does this world protagonist have that red line over his left wrist as well... I-Is he Terrance?" Hol couldn't help but get anxious at the thought that Bret was also Terrance and that he may leave his side again.

"....Yes but unfortunately I can't tell you anything. You have to trust me on this. I do want to tell you but it is too much of a risk right now when you are so weak." Hol didn't know why but Starie's voice sounded so upset as they told him this. Hol realized he didn't know a lot about Starie or why they chose him. But he couldn't let this suspicion get in the way of the mission. He just has to hope he will get an answer soon.

"Mm... Ira?" Bret felt dazed as he slowly opened his eyes to look at Ira who was looking out the window with his sniper gun in his hands. He tried not to get excited when he saw for a brief moment Ira's eyes light up.

"...Really know how to worry someone, brat..." Hol quickly got away from the window as he went to Bret's side. He was trying so hard not to smile at him right now. He had to stay in character even if he wanted to hug Bret so tightly at the moment.

"...I am so happy you are safe. You didn't get hurt right?" Bret slowly reached up to touch Ira's cheek and felt his heart tighten when Ira didn't move out of the way of his touch. For some reason, it felt like they were a bit warmer towards him.

"Worried about yourself. You are lucky Rubin was here or else you would have been a mindless zombie." Hol spoke in a stern voice but he awkwardly petted their head as he sat on the bed they were currently on.

"Rubin? He helped me? I thought people with healing abilities could only heal wounds." Bret looks over to the side where he saw a sleeping Rubin who was currently drooling with a happy smile on their face.

"I am going to tell you something really important that you keep to yourself. My son is immune to the zombie virus and he can cure it. I don't know what is special about him but I do know that if the scientist at the base knew about this they would do countless experiments on him." Hol forces back the strong emotions of the original owner as he remembers how Rubin died in the original plot.

"I won't say anything to anyone, I promise you this." Bret looked at Ira with serious eyes. He wouldn't dare try to hurt the person he loves own son. They will be his future step-children after all.

"Good. If you did I would have to kill you." Even though Hol said this he had a small smile on his face as he flicked Bret's nose. Bret's face quickly got red as they cover their nose.

"I-Ira! I have something to tell you! Life at the moment is really dangerous where you don't know when or where you may die. So this means I can't just dance around with saying what I want to say to you. I know you may not think much of me since we haven't been with each other for a long time but I have fallen in love with you in this short time we were together. I don't know if you still have your former wife in your heart but can you let me in your heart as well, even if it is not right away! I can wait and prove to you how much I love you!" Bret was sitting up in the bed as he had both of Ira's hands in his own. His face felt really hot as he looked at Ira's unfazed expression.

"Haa... I don't know what a brat like you see in an old man like me but if you really feel this strongly then you can be with me. Just because our relationship is different doesn't mean I will change how I treat you. I need you to be tough after all." Hol felt so impressed with himself as he didn't allow himself to show off how embarrassed he was. His heart was beating so hard and he was worried Bret could feel how sweaty his hands were.

"I love how serious you are, Ira! It makes me want to kiss all over your face!" Bret quickly threw his arms around Ira's neck and nuzzled into them with a smile on his face. He could feel Ira stiff up but they didn't push him away so that was good in his book.

"Dad...? What is happening? Why are you guys hugging?" Rubin was rubbing his eyes as he sat up in the bed he was in. He saw that his dad's face hardened as they broke away from the hug they were in with Bret. Bret was pouting at his dad as they tried to hug them again.

"A-Ahem! Nothing happened. We were just getting overwhelmed with emotions. Now if you will excuse me I will go back to the window and make sure no one is coming to kill us." Hol quickly put space between him and Ira as he went back to the window. He just needed to have a few minutes to himself as he got his heart back under control.

When Hol got back to the window and looked out, he saw someone he didn't really want to see at the moment. He got a closer look with his sniper gun as he zones in on Ann who was currently hiding behind the second male lead of this world, Grady. It seemed like he was saying something comforting to a 'nervous' looking Ann.

"We have company. It's that girl that used to hang around you." Hol didn't hide his distaste for Ann in his voice. He felt since Bret was technically his former lover he couldn't allow someone else to think they have a right to their lover. It made him very irritated and he had to hold himself back from shooting Ann in her shoulder.

"She shouldn't be on this route... Every group who goes outside have different routes that are chosen by the base so they can report on the situations in the areas they went through." Bret was looking at the group Ann was with, cautiously. He knew the leader of the group, Grady, wouldn't do something this stupid. It must have something to do with Ann.

"Then let go and have a talk with the group then. Maybe we can come to an understanding and if not I can make them agree to our way of thinking." Hol narrowed his eyes at Ann's group as they went into a nearby store. He had a feeling Ann was planning something and he knew that he couldn't allow it to happen.

"Rubin get ready to head out. We have to talk to some people and depending on the outcome it may be a good one or a bad one." Hol back away from the window and put the sniper gun back on his back. He is going to have to put the original Ira commanding personality to use as he deals with Ann. Or maybe he could use this to complete the main mission of this world.

Author Note - I am done with this chapter! I am a bit late with this since I was busy with being lazy and celebrating my birthday by playing my newly bought pokemon sword game. But I am happy I got this done or else I would have done two chapters for next week for apologies. I do hope this chapter was enjoyable and that everyone is healthy and safe. Bye-bye for now and I hope to see you again (*●⁰ꈊ⁰●)ノ~☆