Chapter Twenty-Six - End Of The World Savior - Task World Two (12)

Hol was slowly working his way through Ira's wish. He really wasn't someone who understood how to make a vaccine so he reluctantly sent the samples of the cure to the research team that was on the base. He noticed how excited they were once they got the samples of the cure to make a vaccine to get rid of the zombie virus.

"If you don't mind us asking but where did you get these samples from? It would be easier for us to go straight to the source of these samples." One of the scientists from the research team looked at Hol with excited eyes. Hol could find a small burst of rage go through his body when he was asked this.

He calmed himself down before he did something that could end badly for him. Ira really didn't want these scientists to learn that the samples are from his son. Hol could understand since people like them were the reason Rubin died in the original plot.

"You focus on finding a cure and I will focus on giving you more samples once you are running low on them. So don't bother figuring out where the samples are coming from." Hol glare at the scientist who asked him where the samples came from. He felt pleased when the scientist quietly nodded their head and avoided looking at him.

After he was done giving the samples to the base research team he left the building he was in. He was going to head back to Bret's house since he really didn't have much to do any more today. As he was walking through the base he was still getting looks from the women in the base but it seemed like there was more today.

Hol realizes it must be due to the fact of the rumors going around about him and Bret defeating those high-level zombies by themselves. It's really annoying that more women want to get with him just because of that. People really do fall in love with strong people if that means it would guarantee their survival during this questionable time they are living in.

Hol just ignored the looks of most of the women he passed by and didn't bother to respond to the calls that he was receiving from the women either. Sometimes just ignoring the problem does make it disappear.

Finally, he arrived back at Bret's home and relaxed his body once he was inside the house. As he was taking off his shoes before going further in the house, Hol heard footsteps coming downstairs and felt someone hug his waist.

Looking on down he saw the smiling face of Rubin. Hol gave them a small smile and went to lift Rubin into his arms. They immediately put their arms around Hol neck and rub their cheek against his.

"Dad! I missed you! Why did you leave without telling me first? I was confused when I woke up and saw you weren't there." Rubin pouted as he complained to his dad. He may have overreacted when he didn't see his dad and cried for a bit but he won't tell his dad this.

"Sorry, I was doing boring adult stuff that would only take a little bit. Next time I go somewhere and you are asleep I will leave a note for you." Hol poke at Rubin puffed up cheeks and let out a chuckle as they deflated them. Hol put them back down and messed up Rubin hair which got him a glare from them.

"Oh yeah, dad do you need more samples of my blood?" Rubin didn't like needles at all but he knew that his blood was somehow immune to the zombie virus so if he had to be stuck with a needle for finding a way to get rid of the virus he will push down his childish fear.

"No, you gave me enough for now. You can relax for now and make sure to eat more food since I did take some of your blood." Hol rubs at Rubin's head again and walks toward the kitchen so he could make something since he was kind of hungry.

"Is Bret still not home?" Hol realized he wasn't being attacked in affection from Bret and that made him a bit uncomfortable. He is embarrassed to admit that he enjoys when Bret gives him straightforward affection and says rather... mature things to him as well.