Chapter Nineteen - End Of The World Savior - Task World Two (5)

Hol was waiting in the area that Bret told him to wait in with Rubin as he got supplies ready so they could go on the mission for the base. Hol was making sure the pistol that was for Rubin was working fine and wasn't jam. He also made sure there were enough bullets for Rubin.

Hol then checked to make sure he had his knife strapped tightly to his side and that his hidden gun was hidden away in a good place. He also had his sniper gun on his back just in case he had to take out enemies far away. He also had radios that were enough for three people just in case they get separated during the mission.

"Dad... I am pretty nervous about our first mission... What if I mess up everything?" Rubin was nervously biting the inside of his cheek as he spoke to his father. He felt fine during all the training his father gave him but now that he is seriously going outside into a world filled with zombies he is nervous he will mess everything up for his father.

"As long as you keep your distance and stay in the area where I can see you then everything will go fine. Don't worry about anything." Hol awkwardly messed up Rubin's hair as he said this. Hol was going to make sure nothing happen to Rubin or Bret when they were doing the mission.

"Ira! What a coincidence to meet you here!" Ann walked up toward Ira with a smile on her face. She had make-up on to make her look even cuter today. Her clothing was especially cute today as well and she had on really expensive perfume today. She hoped that this would cause Ira's heart to skip a beat. No one can say no to a cute woman.

"You knew that I was going on a mission today with Bret so it is not a coincidence." Hol didn't like the way Ann was looking at him at all. She looked like she wanted to seduce him or something like that. Hol just put a hand on Rubin's shoulder and put them behind him.

"O-Oh yeah... Sorry about that... Well, I was wondering that you may want an extra healer to come along with you. I mean your son's healing may be high but he is still a bit inexperienced. He may slow you down." Ann gave Ira a concerned look and tried to get closer to him. But could only get irritated when Ira made sure there was a good amount of distance between them.

"You don't know my son so don't speak for him. And if you want to come along you have to ask Bret for permission. I don't have a say in it." Hol was trying to see what Ann was planning by just looking at her. He didn't want to believe she was trying to seduce him. Wasn't she in love with Bret or something like that?

"But aren't you like a general in the military? Why should Bret decide who should come along? I mean you know more than him. You shouldn't just follow along with what he says." Ann lightly drags her fingers down Ira's strong arm and she tried not to drool at how firm it felt.

"Don't touch me. We are not close to each other." Hol tried not to shiver at Ann's touch. She doesn't know about personal space, does she? Hol never felt so uncomfortable in his life before.

"Ann, what are you doing here? I told you to find someone else to go on a mission with." Bret tried not to lose his cool when he saw Ann flirting and getting handsy with Ira. He never even got to touch him yet but here she is touching him all over. He is so jealous!

"I-I just thought it would be nice if I came along and helped out with the healing as well. I mean Ira's son is still pretty young so he may have trouble healing a bunch of people. I bet Rubin would like that, right?" Ann looked at Rubin who was behind Ira's legs. She tried to give a motherly smile to him but could feel her smile twitch when Rubin just hid his face behind Ira's legs.

"I-I am fine! Dad taught me enough and I-I feel like I can h-handle myself okay. Y-You don't have to come along with u-us." Rubin didn't like the way this woman was acting near his dad. She had a bad look in her eyes that made him want to protect his dad from her. It wasn't the look Bret usually gave his dad when they thought no one was looking at them.

"You heard Rubin. We are okay. I am pretty sure Grady was looking for a healer to join him for a mission with his group. You can ask him. Now we are going to leave. Bye." Bret was curt with Ann as he walked past her, glaring at her with dark eyes and felt satisfied when she back away from him with a pale expression.

Hol followed after Bret while holding Rubin's hand, not bothering to look at Ann. He didn't like how she was acting around him now so he may have to come up with a way to get her kicked out of the base.

He kind of felt concerned when he heard the name Grady since Starie told him that was the name of the second male lead, the person who fell in love with Ann last time. He knew that he would have to make Grady negatively see Ann but he doesn't know how yet. He knows the main thing he likes in a person is honesty so he will have to make Grady start to see Ann as a dishonest person so he can't fall in love with her.

Ann watched as Bret walked away with the person who could make her life safer from zombies and felt rage slowly gathering inside of her. If Bret didn't get in her way then Ira would be at her feet begging to be at her side. Ira's son isn't good either. If something were to happen to Rubin outside Ira would be crushed and need someone to comfort him...

Ann could imagine Ira's broken expression as she comforted him about the death of his son. She felt a weird pleasing feeling rushed through her as she thought about that scene happening. It is not her fault for thinking this way. People just keep getting in her way.

Ann's anger inside slowly disappeared as she felt satisfied with this plan. Now she had to find Grady and just give him suggestions on where he should go to find supplies outside the base. If they happen to run into Bret group and something just happens to the two members in the group it would be a sad thing but it a world filled with zombies, anything can happen.

Author Note -  I am done with this chapter! I have a feeling that this world may not be that long or it may turn out longer. I don't know since I am still figuring out what going to happen next. But I know it probably won't go on forever. I am getting ready to write about the zombie fight scene (hopefully my knowledge of horror movies will help me out with this). I do hope this chapter was enjoyable and that everyone is healthy and safe. Bye-bye for now and I hope to see you again (*●⁰ꈊ⁰●)ノ~☆