×34×

Closing the tap and drained of energy, the tired boy headed towards the couch to sit on. Picking up the remote, he opened Netflix, trying to remember the name of the drama he wanted to watch. His hands tapped the button continuously as he scrolled through different movies and dramas.

“Nari and I are going out.” he heard his father say from behind. “Don't wait up for me tonight.”

Myungjun's teeth clenched in anger as he dropped the remote. “When was the last time you went to see mom?” he asked, in nose flaring up in anger.

“Are you talking to me?” his father inquired, looking behind him. Myungjun rolled his eyeballs turning to face his father.

“Depends. Are there two of you?” he replied, holding a firm gaze with his dad.

“This is childish and pointless. It has been how many years already and you still can't get over your mother?!” His father snapped at him. It would only be a shock to Myungjun if he wasn't already used to this.

“And I should do that because you have?” Myungjun spat back. “You've been going around with a woman who is only trying to drain you of your money, who doesn't even love you but you are ignoring the one woman who managed to stay by your side through thick and thin. My mom, whom you are telling me to forget would have given up her life for you! So, instead of telling me to forget her, you should tell yourself to remember her!”

Silence filled the house, the tension so thick you could cut it with a chainsaw. Both male stared at each other angry, pissed, tired. Myungjun had always loved his father. Mr Kim had always loved his son but Nari, Nari was the reason why both of them were at loggerheads now. Nari was the reason both of them couldn't stand each other. Nari was breaking their family apart and Myungjun was angry that his father couldn't see it.

Mr Kim meet Nari at a coffee shop. She had issues with her car and Mr Kim offered to help. She thanked him and exchanged numbers with him. They got close, he asked her out and soon they were dating.

Myungjun liked her for a while. She would come over, clean, cook and help him out with school work but that changed the moment she became his dad's fiancé. She rarely acknowledged him. She rarely even come over. She would always try to make his life a living hell whenever she was around him. That's when he began to dislike her. Then while spying on her, he found out she was married already and she was only dating his dad to defraud him.

“Don't call her names, she's going to be your mother someday” his dad said after the silence, to which Myungjun replied;

“It will never happen. She might be your wife but she will never be my mom” he  stated, turning his gaze back to the TV. He wished his Mom would wake up already. He wished his mom would put an end to the pain he was feeling.

He heard footsteps heading towards the door with it opening and closing almost immediately. Myungjun shook his head, he wanted his Dad back.

»Beep» »Beep»

He picked up his phone to see a message from non-other than Park Jinwoo. Rolling his eyeballs, he opened the message, wondering why the boy was bothering him after they made an agreement to 'end' things.

Jinwoo:

Can we talk?
I need to talk 2 U.
Plz.

Myungjun:

Y? What is it about?