1. "you were in my way"

Aurora Bowen, the stunning twin sister of Richard bowen. She was the co-captain of the cheerleading team and was envied by most girls. She was beautiful, and many boys wanted to date her, that included the co-captain of the water polo team. They dated for a while, until Aurora broke up with him at the start of her sophomore year. But they kept their banter, there wasn't any awkwardness anymore. Or so they thought.

Aurora pulled her hair into a high ponytail as she checked her outfit in the mirror.
"Rory! Hurry up or I'm leaving without you!" Ricky called from downstairs, having been waiting for five minutes.
"I'm driving so you can't!" Aurora called back, picking her bag with, making no effort to rush.
"Dad, who's driving?" Ricky whined. "Aurora" Mike called back, making Aurora grin in glee.
She grabbed the keys, throwing and catching them as a way to annoy Ricky.
"Bye dad!" the twins called, walking out on their way to school.

Big red had joined the twins, and once they'd parked, they pulled out their skateboards. The trio skated past a car, Aurora noticing it was a pretty colour.
"Sorry!" she grinned, almost bumping into the lady as she skated behind Ricky and Big red. She slowed down as she approached the busy crowd of students. Still, it wasn't slow enough apparently, as she crashed into someone she didn't want to fall in front of again.
"Watch it" Ej complained as she rode into him and both ended up onto the floor.
"You were in my way" Aurora muttered, taking her helmet off and shaking her head so her ponytail fell out nicely.
"I know it's hard for you not to fall for me again but this is excessive" Ej commented, offering her his hand and help her up.
"Still as annoying as ever Caswell" she says, picking up her board.
"Still as clumsy as ever Bowen" Ej replied, in a similar tone.
"You were in my way" she mutters, walking past him with a fake smile.

"Today's the day, it's happening" Aurora heard Ricky tell his best friend as she caught up with them.
"Junior year baby, might grow a moustache, might do a lot of things" Big red replied, making Aurora scoff.
"Dude, I'm talking about Nini. Today's the day we start over" Ricky says, making Aurora rolls her eyes, she knew it wasn't going to happen.
They walked into school Aurora looking around for her friends, whilst her brother talked next to her.
"We texted. She sounded neutral. Nothing about bad news or needing to have a big talk. Just, "Hey." That's good, right?" He asks. "Summers are no man's land, Ricky" Big red tells him, aurora nodding, "I don't know what "Hey" means, and neither do you"
"I think it's good. Yeah."

"Au-ro-ra! Au-ro-ra!" Carlos called, walking up to her, but his friend was in her own little world. "Aurora!" he finally got her attention with a shout.
"Geez Carlos, chill, what's up with you?" Aurora muttered, shutting her locker.
"I've been calling you for ages" Carlos rolls his eyes but gives the blonde a hug.
"any reason?, despite needing to be in my presence as soon as possible because i'm so amazing" she teased.
"Yes, I want you to come and meet the new drama teacher, I'm going to be the choreographer for..wait for it.." he paused, for dramatic effect of course. "High school musical!" He announces, quietly into her ear. "We, East high, are finally putting on HSM?" Aurora asks, excited.
"We are, and i'm choreographing and you are going to help" Carlos grins, looping his arm around hers and taking her to the gym. "Carlos, I need to go and meet Evie, she's going to be wondering where I am" Aurora whines.
"It's not going to take long" Carlos rolls his eyes.

"Miss Jenn, this is Aurora, the girl I was telling you about" Carlos introduces.
"Aurora, your reputation precedes you" The teacher, who aurora recognised as being the lady with the nice car, smiled.
"Is that a good or bad thing?" Aurora asked. "in this case, good, Carlos has told me all about you" Miss Jenn grinned.
"What is there to tell? I'm the co-captain of the cheerleading team?" she asked, not quite sure what was so special.
"Yes, and that you are an amazing singer and actress" Miss Jenn told the pretty girl. Aurora turned to Carlos, who gave her an innocent smile and shrugged his shoulders.
"I haven't acted in years" Aurora shrugged. "Now would be a great time to start, think about it?" Miss Jenna asked.
"Okay, maybe" Aurora gave in, making Carlos grin, "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go and meet one of my friends"

"Evie!" Aurora squealed when she saw her best friend.
"Rory!" The brunette squealed back, giving her best friend a hug, "Where have you been? I've been looking for you like everywhere" Evie asks.
"Carlos dragged me to see the new drama teacher, she wants me to audition for the musical she's putting on" Aurora tells her as they walked through the halls.
"You totally should! You haven't acted since.." Evie trailed off.
"Since the disaster of 2014 with Ej" Aurora finished.
"But still, you don't know you'll have to act with him, and then it won't bring back memories so I say you do it" Evie told her, just as Ashlyn approaches them.
"Do what?" She asks, falling into step with them.
"The musical" Evie answered whilst Aurora stayed quiet.
"Which is?" Ash continued.
"You'll find out soon" Aurora smiled, catching sight of Ricky.
"I'll find you in the hall" she grinned, jogging over to him and big red.

"So, how'd it go?" she asks, innocently and unknowing of the look on Ricky's face.
"She broke up with me, for real, and she met someone else at camp" Ricky sighed.
"Oh" Aurora said, not sure of how to react. "I'm going to get her back" he told his sister confidently.
"How?" Aurora wasn't so sure.
"I'm not sure yet, but you have my back right?"
"Always"