2. "I hate you both"

"Nini is with Ej!" Aurora exclaims as she walks through the cafeteria with Evie by her side. "I can't believe she'd stoop that low." Evie scoffed, "But then again, you're still in love with him so." "What?" Aurora asked defensively. "Honey, we all know you are still in love with ej, you just don't want to admit it" Evie told her. "I am not!" Aurora exclaims as they approach Ricky and Big red. "Not what?" Big red asks. "still in love with Caswell" Evie answers. "You've liked him since second grade Rory" Big red says. "I hate you both"

"Dude are you seeing this?" Big red asks, looking over at Nini and Ej. "I'm seeing it, i'm hearing it,  i'm hating it" Ricky mumbles. "I can't believe shes dating Ej Caswell" Aurora says again. "Yes, I have eyes" Ricky mumbles. "I mean, co-captain of the water polo team, senior class treasurer" Big red lists. "I mean what are the odds that the guy she hooks up with at camp goes to east high" Evie adds, not helping. "Apparently the odds are exceptionally good" Ricky snaps. "I'm sorry" Evie says defensively. "What are you going to do?" Big red asks. "I don't know, no offence but the one person I go to for advice is currently on her honeymoon in the cafeteria" Ricky replies. "Hey!" Aurora exclaims. "Ror, if you even try telling me you're good at advice" Evie laughs slightly. "Fine" the blonde sighs. 

Aurora was sat on the couch, watching her dad attempt to cook, but she was more engrossed in her phone, scrolling through Ejs instagram. "I'm doing something wrong" Mike states as his son walks into the room. "Call mom!" Aurora calls out. "I mean, you're cooking so..." Ricky replies, walking to the fridge. "The chickens been in here ten minutes. It's colder than when I put it in" Mike sighs, looking at his chicken whilst Aurora chuckles quietly. "Call mom." she repeats. "How is that possible? Did I hit a freeze-dry button?" he ignores his daughter suggestion. "Just call mom" Aurora finally walks over. "Yeah i'm not bugging your mom" mike tells her. "Its' like 9pm in Chicago, she can't still be in a meeting" Ricky says. Mike takes the chicken out. "Okay i'm calling mom" Aurora picks up her phone. "Don't! She doesn't want to hear from me right now okay?" Mike shocks his children, making Aurora look at him in confusion. "What?" Ricky asks. "She just needs a couple more days in Chicago to think things over" mike sighs. Aurora and Ricky share a look. "What is there to think over?" She asks. "It has nothing to do with you two okay?" Mike smiles over at them both slightly. 

Aurora walks into the auditions, nervously playing with the necklace around her neck. "You're going to be great!" Evie tried to build her confidence. "E, this isn't cheer, I haven't done it in years, what if I just freeze" Aurora sighs, then Miss Jenn calls them in and she had no choice to just get on with it. 

"Where's Ricky?" Evie hissed at they watches some people warm up. "no idea, stupid idea for him to try and audition anyways" Aurora replied, Ricky wasnt helping anyone by deciding he wanted to take part in this. "He's going to be late" Evie sighed. 

"And you" Miss Jenn got to the end of the line, where Aurora stood. "looks wise you're giving me Sharpay" Miss Jenn thought outloud. "Taylor?" Carlos asks, earning a nod from his friend. "I see it now" Miss Jenn grinned, walking past her after giving them all one last encouraging smile. 

Nini had just gone onto the stage, when crashing could be heard from behind them. "Don't tell me it's Ricky" Aurora sighed, evie nodding sadly. "Am I too late? Am I too late?" he called. "We're all set on troys, we're low on chads, you can read after the Gabriellas and Taylors" Miss Jenn told him. "I only studied the troy scenes in the movie" Ricky replied, making Aurora shake her head. "How are we related" she muttered. "Troy would be arrived on time" Carlos told him. "Lies and you know it!" Aurora called out, making a few people laugh. 

"Aurora, lets see what you've got!" Miss Jenn called. "Good luck" Evie squeezed her hand in encouragement. "What do I need to know?" Miss Jenn whispered. "Brilliant singer, not confident enough for a lead, chemistry with Ej Caswell, related to the late boy" Carlos told her. "off you go" Miss Jenn gave her an encouraging smile. And so, she began to sing the start of something new. 

"You were amazing!" Evie exclaimed as they walked around, waiting for the cast list to be posted. "Thanks" Aurora smiled. That was when Ej approached them. "I have to go to my locker" Evie quickly left with a smirk sent in her best friends directions. "What a coincidence to see you here" Aurora smirked up at ej. "Why did you audition Aurora? I know you hated acting ever since that play" he tells her bluntly. "Don't I get a second chance?" she asks, shaking her head slightly at what he said before. "Is this all part of Ricky's plan? Or do you have your own" He asks. "What? No, ricky or I do not have a plan" Aurora was confused. "Then why is he auditioning? Why are you auditioning?" Ej questions. "I don't know ej. But I know that you don't need to ask me, or question why I auditioned for a musical, we aren't together,  you don't get to know everything that goes on in my life anymore" she pushed past him. Ej watched as she walked away, feelings seemed to resurface but he didn't know it yet.  

"So we have our troy and Gabriella" Miss Jenn says, as she and Carlos looked over the audition notes. "Taylor and Chad?" she asked. "I may be biased, but I think Aurora was amazing" Carlos smiled. "And you said she has chemistry with Caswell?" Miss Jenn asked. "Well yes, they were together until the end of sophomore year" Carlos told her. "That's settled then"

"Cast list!" Carlos called as he walked to pin it up. "I don't want to look at it" Aurora mumbled. "I will then" Evie grinned, pushing her way through the crowd to look at it. She grinned, then her face was full of shock. As she turned back to Aurora, she knew something was up. "What?" Aurora asked. "You did it, you got Taylor" Evie grinned. "But?" Aurora asked. "She thinks i'm a chad!" Ej exclaims, making Auroras eyes widen. "I have to act with him?" Aurora asks. "That's not the worst part" Evie bit her lip. Aurora gave her a look, telling her to just say it. "Ricky got troy"