16. "Why didn't you tell us?"

Aurora was sat next to Ej as they watched Nini and Ricky run through starts of something new. However, ej was more preoccupied on his phone, until the school bell rang. "Yes! Yes! Woo!" he jumped up, making Aurora giggle. "Sorry I really love thanksgiving" he apologises, making the rest of them laugh.

"Any plans for thanksgiving?" Aurora asked as they all packed their things up. "Mine and Ash's parents are going to a spa in park city after dinner tomorrow" Ejs states, "you?" Aurora shrugs, it was their first thanksgiving without her mom and she was slightly scared for how it was going to go. "Watching dad try to cook it always amusing, but other than that, i'll probably force them to watch High school musical with me" she smiles. "Sounds like a good plan" Ej smiles, picking up his bag and slinging it over his shoulder. "Pretty boring but" Aurora shrugs, thats when Carlos changed their whole plans. 

"Party at ashlyns after thanksgiving tomorrow! Everyone's invited!" he shouts. "That changes everything" Ej gives Aurora a look. "It does, guess dad will have to watch HSM alone" she giggles. "Want me to pick you up, we can you know, drive over together?" Ej asks, nervously after a moment of silence. "That would be great"

"This is nice dad" Ricky commented as the three of them sat, eating whatever Mike had cooked. "Yeah you don't see a lot of hot wings and instant mash potato in the history books" Mike laughs, "We should bring left overs to aunt judys later." Aurora and Ricky shared a look. "Um hey about that" Aurora started. "Some of our friends are getting together later for a sort of late night after party thing" Ricky continues. "and when you say late night you mean?" Mike asks, knowing it wasn't going to be that late. "eight o'clock, we roll hard" Aurora laughs. "Is this the theatre gang?" he teases. "Yep" Ricky smiles "It's no problem" Mike answers, standing up, "you just stay back when I head to my sisters." Aurora nods, taking a sip of her drink. "Thanks, I know we were kind of your dates for that one" Ricky laughs. "Its' all good" he smiles. "I suppose if your lonely, you could randomly text our drama teacher" Ricky says, making Aurora shoot him a glare. "Too soon Rick." their dad says, smiling. "Yeah okay."

"So have you called your mom yet?" Mike asked, bringing the mood down slightly. "Working up to it" Aurora answers, sighing as Ricky nods. "I know it's tough to be doing the holidays without her, but she really misses you both, and she's all alone in Chicago" he sighs, "She's waiting for you to call."

Mike had just left, so it was only Aurora and Ricky in the house. "Should I call mom first?" Aurora called from her bedroom as she finished the last curl of her hair. "If you want" Ricky replied, from his own bedroom, lying on his bed. Aurora grabbed her jacket and bag, wandering downstairs to wait for Ej and call her mom. She took a deep breath, throwing her stuff onto the couch and pressing her moms contact, Momsy ❤️😘.

"Hello" A male voice answers, shocking Aurora. "I'm sorry, do I have the wrong number, i'm calling for lynne?" she asked. "This is Lynnes phone, she was just about to get into the shower, you must be aurora" The male voice told her. "I'm sorry, what?" Aurora didn't understand why a man was talking to her. "Oh i'm sorry, i'm Todd" the voice introduced himself. 

Aurora paused, comprehending the fact that her mom had only been gone two weeks and she already had moved on. "C...could I speak to my mom please?" she stuttered. "I'll pass you over" Todd answered, clearly walking somewhere, and an inaudible conversation was what Aurora assumed was happening. 

"Aurora honey! Hi!" Lynne answered cheerfully. "Why didn't you tell us?" She asked instantly. "I..I was going to today, you just called at a bad time" Lynne told her daughter, who she could tell was annoyed. Then the doorbell rang. "I'm sorry, I have to go, have a nice thanksgiving with tom, or whatever his name is" Aurora then put the phone down, sliding it into her pocket, grabbing her coat and walking to the door.

"Hey" she smiled, it was fake, but Ej didn't need to know that. "Hi, you okay?" Ej could sense something was wrong. "I'm fine" she pushed it off, turning her head and shouting to Ricky she was leaving. 

As she got into the car, she couldn't not tell him. "My mum had a new boyfriend and she didnt tell me" she blurted out, making ejs eyes widen. "When did you find out?" Ej asks. resting him hand on her knee as he drove. "Just then, when I called her, stupid tom, or Todd, something like that, answered her phone, oh he's like you, except he doesn't steal her phone," she teases, smirking slightly. "For the record I never stole your phone" ej held a hand up in defense. "If you did, I wouldn't be in this car" Aurora glared. 

"But are you okay? With him?" Ej asked. "I don't know" Aurora sighed, sure she wanted her mom happy, but had only been two weeks! "Maybe spending time being theatre dorks as the good lord intended will make you feel better" Ej smiled. "I think it will"