6. "If I said a million sorrys"

Aurora and Ashlyn were sat in Ash's kitchen, working on their project they tried to do before ej interrupted them. Then the doorbell went. "we're in the kitchen ej!" Ash called once she heard him come in. "He's here, again" aurora sighed. "Your parents aren't home right? I don't want an audience for this" Ej says, sitting on the counter top. "So ash and I will just disappear into nothing, glad I can put my ability to use" Aurora rolls her eyes, clearly being sarcastic. "Oh you know what I mean" He rolls his eyes.

"Alright, you ready?" he asks. "I'm still impressed you wrote a whole song" Ash comments. "Yeah its got metaphors and everything" Ej laughs slightly. "Woah metaphors? I'm proud" Aurora teases, ej shrugging her off. Ej takes a deep breath "here goes" and he presses the music.

"Before you go and make that face you make when you're mad at me

So mad at me
Let me say it's not my place going through your voicemail
And your history

And if this were a TV show you know I'd have to go and plead insanity
'Cause the lyin' and spyin' and pryin' isn't really my personality
I'm an idiot for taking your phone" Ej sang.

He jumped down form the counter and stood himself in the clear space. Then he began dancing, making Aurora give him a strange look.

"This is my fault, my bad

If I said a million sorrys
How about a billion sorrys?
Ooh
You shine just like the stars"

He then got back on the counter top, this time in front of Aurora and sang to her, as if she was nini.

"And I'm not even a night light
'Cause what I did wasn't so bright
I'm really sorry"

He grabbed Auroras hands and pulled her into the living room. she gave him a supportive grin, as there was a small break in the music and he pushed her down onto a seat softly.

"Girl

Girl
You know I was scared that this would end
That's why I checked your DMs
This has been so hard for me, keeping this secret from you and our friends
Ugh, but given the chance, I would definitely do it again"

He sings, bending down and still signing to Aurora, whilst Ashlyn watched in amusement.

"No, wait that's not right
I mean that I wouldn't do it again
No, This is my fault, my bad"

He corrected himself, looking around the jumping on the table. Ashlyn tried to stop him, but didnt want to interrupt the song so just sighed.

"If I said a million sorrys

How about a billion sorrys?
Ooh
Can't we just start again?
Once upon a time I'm sorry
Nothing else to rhyme with sorry
(I'm really sorry) Ooh
Not so great at sayin' sorry
Hope you know I'm really sorry
Ooh" He finished.

They were now in the kitchen, Ej having followed Aurora, who followed Ash.

"Okay" Ash says once he'd finished. "Did you like it?" he asked, looking over at Aurora. "I thought it was great" she smiled, "It was really...you." Ej smiles. "Thanks" he then turns to Ash, who didn't look so sure.

"Theres a lot to admire" Ash starts and ej interrupts. "It's too much" Ej sighs. "I guess i was just hoping it would feel a little less boyband and a little more heartfelt" she tells him gently, she didn't want to hurt his feelings.  Ej just looked deflated and sad. "Maybe if you tweaked a couple of the lyrics?" Ash suggested. "Yeah, like there are words to rhyme with sorry" aurora adds, sliding along so she was sat next to ash. "I mean not really" Ej says. "Starry?" Aurora asks.

"You know what? I can't do this. This Is her thing with Ricky, she'll just see right through it" he sighs standing up dramatically, "I'll find her after rehearsal tomorrow, tell her what happened and straight up apologise." Ash gives him a sad smile. "She might forgive you" she tried to help. "Would you?" he asks. Ash smiles "I'm proud of you either way" at the same time as Aurora shrugs. "Yeah that's what I thought" he says, walking to the door.

"Seeing as he had a performance, can I show you a song I wrote?" Aurora asks. Then Ej pokes his head back in. "Can I listen?" he asks. "I thought you left?" Aurora asks. "I was going to, but this would cheer me up?"He gives her an innocent smile. "Fine" she sighs, walking over to her bag and pulling out her lyrics. "Can I use your piano?" Aurora asks. "Be my guest" Ashlyn smiles. "Now you" she pointed to Ej. "No commenting okay?" she tells him. "Geez, chill" he held his hands up in defensive, but she just gave him another glare. "Yeah whatever fine."

Aurora played the intro, before taking a breath and starting to sing. Ej nodded when he realised what it was. He just smiled, glad to hear it again, it was brilliant.

"And I, I remember the chorus, they were singing it for us, You were my September Song, I remember the chorus, they were singing it for us" she finishes with a small smile.

"What did you think? not you ej" she smiles. "You're so talented Rory, It was great" Ash smiles, "Can I see the lyrics?" Aurora nods, handing them over, whilst ej raised his hand. "Yes" she pointed to him teasingly. "May I give feedback?" he asks. "Is it something I would like?" she gives him a look, telling him not to mention who it was about. "Yes" he nods, relaxing the blonde slightly. "I just wanted to say I think you have an amazing voice, and you need to share that with the world" he smiles innocently. "Thank you, but no"

"Why?"

"No."

"One day?"

"Never"

"Okay someday then, someday, someday, this could be this could be ordinary "

"I hate you"