5. "That's me"

Aurora walks past Ej's car and sees him looking through a phone she recognised. She shook her head and walked up to him, knocking on the window. He rolled it down and looked at her expectantly. "You didn't" she shook her head, pointing to the phone. "If I did would you tell her?" he asks. Aurora shook her head no, surprising ej. "Why?" he questions. "I'm not that type of person, i'd just push you to tell her" she shrugs. Ej nods, smiling at her. 

Gina had come up with a whole dance break for Taylor, Gabriella and Martha in the middle of staus quo. Aurora, being a cheerleader, picked it up quite quickly, nini however, didn't. "You're good dancer" Gina smiled, complimenting Aurora. "Thanks, it all comes from cheer actually" Aurora shrugs. "You've got talent  either way" Gina told her. "I've got nothing on you" Aurora laughs. "aww, Thanks"

Aurora sat on the edge of big reds bed, kicking a ball to the wall as it bounced back to her each time. "This is not good" Ricky sighs. "I know" Big red answers, throwing and catching the ball, whilst Aurora had somewhat an idea of what was going on. From what Ricky knew and told her, he left nini a voicemail and she hadn't responded, which led Aurora to believe that Nini hadn't seen it, and ej had listened to it. And she knew the latter wouldn't be good. But she wasn't going to tell her brother without proof.

 "No I mean this is really not good" Ricky repeated. "But it's not news either" Big red said, Aurora nodding. "Yeah, you broke her heart, crashed her play, bugged her for a little bit then left her a sad voicemail" Aurora told him, as if he didn't know his own life. "You think maybe it's time to move on?" Ricky asks. "I wouldn't, but you have that other thing.." Big red answers. "Pride, but does he really?" Aurora finishes for him, grinning teasingly. 

"Okay, tell me what to do" Ricky wants advice from the people who he had to go to for advice, though they weren't very good at it. "Just be yourself you know, be the bigger man" Big red tells him. "Okay, Pick one" Ricky says, he couldn't be Both. "Definitely bigger man" Aurora calls back in her game of football with the wall. "You're the lead in the play dude, it's time to act like it" Big red throws the ball at him.

 "You're right" Ricky mutters. "It's like that scene where troy tells his teammates, "you're my guys, and this is my spam'" Big red misquotes. "Team, this is our team!" Aurora corrects. 

Ashlyn and Aurora sat on the steps, working on a project for science together. Ej came and sat with them. "You look terrible" Ash comments. "Yeah I feel guilty" Ej sighs. "Wow that's not an emotion I knew you had" Aurora comments, earning herself a glare from ej. "Sorry" she mutters. 

"I never should have stolen her phone" Ej told them, like they didn't know it already. "You think?" Ash asks. "It's not the person I want to be, it's not the person Nini thinks I am" he sighs. Aurora and Ash share a look, but look back at him blankly. Aurora couldn't help but wonder if he ever stole her phone.  

"You know what I should do?" he asks. "Apologise?" Aurora asks, as if she was talking to a young child.  "but first I have to come clean and if i'm gonna own up to this I need to do it on a way which she really hears" he says, looking over at them with a look Aurora recognised. She knew the next thing he said would be something he thought was brilliant, but she thought was terrible. "And how do you plan on doing that?" Ash asked.  

"hear me out" he turns to face them fully, "she wrote a song for Ricky so I should do that....for her." Aurora nodded, slightly shocked, she did'nt think he had ever written one before.  "You wanna do what now?" Ask asks, as if she didn't hear him, not as if she didn't understand him. 

"write a song. for nini! to tell her the truth and say sorry, just show her how much she means to me" he replies. "Have you ever actually written a song?" Aurora asks, not caring if she damaged his confidence. "Well, no but you two write songs, I was hoping you could help me out?" he asks, shrugging and giving them a small smile. Aurora sighs, knowing she was going to have to give him a song.  

"How fast of a turn around are we talking here?" She asks, having a test tomorrow. . "Well, could you just like lone me one of your songs, and i'll like change the lyrics?" He grins, happy she was on board, and his ex-girlfriend was willing to help him apologise to his current girlfriend. The bell rings and the two girls stand up. 

"Please Ash, Ror, i'm trying to do the right thing here" Ej begs them. Aurora sighs.  "I'll send you a track I was playing with, not really my style" She says reluctantly, walking up the stairs. "It's perfect" Ej smiles. "You haven't even heard it!" she calls back.  "Hey, but dig deep okay, you cant just charm your way out of this one" Ash tells him. "i'll try, you're the best" he calls. "That's me!"