10. "I am not asking him to homecoming!"

"I am not asking him to homecoming!" Aurora exclaims, as she walks through the halls with evie. "But he's single, you're single, I see the way you look at each other!" Evie exclaims. "No" Was all aurora said, opening her locker. "But it's the perfect opportunity to get him back!" Evie whines, trying to get her best friend to actually listen to her. "I am not asking my ex-boyfriend who has just broken up with his girlfriend to homecoming on the day of the dance when he probably has a date already." Aurora replies, taking her books out. "How do you know he has a date?" Evie asks, leaning against the locker beside her friends. "He's ej Caswell, of course he has a date" Aurora rolls her eyes. "At least ask him as friends?" Evie tries again. "No" Aurora shakes her head, shutting her locker. "but then we could all hang out, like we used to, when I would third wheel and it would be great!" Evie keeps going. "Not happening E and you know it"

Aurora and Ricky walk in to a dark and quiet house. "Dad, i'm concerned" Aurora told him as she and ricky walked over to him. "It smells like my bedroom in here" Ricky comments. "Why aren't you at rehearsal?" Mike asked changing the subject from him. "Why aren't you at work?" Ricky retaliates. "I'm taking a mental health day" he told his kids. "This is you fifth one in a row!" Ricky says. "it's like a mental health week!" Aurora adds, as she opens the curtains.

 Mike buried back under the duvet. "Ten more minutes then i'll get up" he tells them. "Moms not coming back, this is the way it is now, okay?" Ricky pulls the blanket form his dad and rolls it up in his hands. "no it's not okay" mike mutters, sitting up properly. "I don't like it either, but I really can't look at you like this" Aurora calls from the kitchen, as she made herself a drink. "You need to like take a shower" Ricky tries to get his dad back to normal. "rejoin civilisation, it's great you know" Aurora smirks slightly, walking back over.

 "I don't exactly see you two putting yourself out there after the breakups" Mike  turns it back to his kids. "I broke up with ej ages ago, plus I am going to homecoming tonight" Aurora comments. Mike then turns to his son with an expectant look. "Yes, that good sir, is where you're wrong, because I am also going to homecoming tonight" he tells him. "Oh really, with who?" Mike asks. Aurora stands up and walks over with a smirk on her face she was trying to hide. "A few people, Evie, Big red, and I don't know if you know him, Richard Bowen?  Brown hair and eyes, slightly taller than me, lead in the play, indecisive, makes me late, annoying" she lists. "I am not annoying!" Ricky exclaims. "Yeah you are." 

"But we're in this together okay?" Ricky asks, picking up some of the rubbish. Aurora bursts into song, singing we're all in this together as she cleans up. "Think of it as a bro pact?" Ricky tells his dad. "What about me?" Aurora stops singing to shout at her brother. "You're not it in, youre fine" Rukcy told her, before turning back around leaving Aurora with a pout on her face. "Does this mean I need to make a dating profile?" mike asked. Aurora called "Yes!" at the same time ricky told him to make his bed first. "Baby steps, dad" Ricky walked to take the rubbish he had in his hands out. "Baby steps" Aurora repeated. 

Once ricky was outside, Mike turned to his daughter. " Is he trying to get her back still?" he asks, whispering. "He is, she's single now though, so who knows?" Aurora shrugged. "And you?" he asked. "I'm over him" she glared over at him. "So what was that song I heard you singing the other night?" Mike asked, raising an eyebrow. "Thats how I got over him, you should try it, works" Aurora smiled, though she and her dad both knew she was not over Ej. 

"E, what do I wear?" Aurora fretted, on the phone to Evie. "The black strapless dress, and like the black and silver heels" Evie shrugged, she had already planned their outfits. Aurora went and found them, laying them out of her bed. "Take the simple black jacket, and wear the necklace ej got you for your birthday, with the earrings your parents got" Evie continued, Aurora getting them all. She looked down at the necklace, saddening and was filled with nostalgia. 

1st of February, almost a year and a half ago 

Ej and Aurora were sat, enjoying a picnic in the park, despite the cold temperatures, it was their favourite thing to do. "So I know your birthday is tomorrow, but I want to give you this" Ej smiled, handing his girlfriend a box. Aurora get him a thankful smile and she opened it. It was a simple, but stunning silver necklace. "Thank you" she smiles, leaning up and kissing him softly. 

"This is good Eves, did you plan this?" Aurora asks, turning  back to face her best friend. "I did" Evie smiles proudly, "I'll send you my ideas for makeup." "Of course you will"