23. "You saw him too?"

"That was great!" Aurora exclaims as they walked off the stage together. "It was but now it's time to get our head in the game" Evie grins. Aurora had somehow been roped in to dancing in Getcha head in the game, by evie. They needed more than the dancers they had, and seeing Auroras dance ability, evie had roped her in. Aurora didn't mind if she was being honest, she loved dancing and she got to be on the stage whilst her brother shined like the true star he was.

They were all frozen except for Ricky. Auroras eyes followed to her parents, when she saw something which made her want to run off that stage. Tom, or Todd. Was there. Her mom had just brought her new boyfriend to her play. She knew bringing people into the audience threw her daughter, but someone she didnt even know. This was ruining everything. She couldn't perform at her best, she was going to mess the whole thing up. She began to overthink everything, she messed with her own head, convincing herself she couldn't do this anymore. She didn't want to ruin this for the people she cared about. Aurora felt dizzy. She shook her head, dancing equally as badly as Ricky. She didn't drop a basketball, but the moves evaporated from her head, so she copied evie, which worked well enough. As soon as the song finished, she ran off, flustered and dizzy.

Aurora didn't want to get back on that stage. She wasn't in the right headspace. All she wanted was to curl up in bed. Her mother had brought her new boyfriend to their play, what good was that going to do. She felt dizzy and sick, she felt bad for her dad, she felt so sorry for Ricky, she felt annoyed at her mom, and she felt like she wanted to punch Todd.

She rushed up to gina. "I need you to go on as Taylor" she told the younger girl. "What?" Gina was confused, Aurora was amazing, why was she passing this up. "I need you to go on as Taylor and Kourtney can go on as Martha" Aurora explained. "Why?" Gina was still confused. "My moms new boyfriend is here, and I just can't go back on" she explained, "Please will you do it, you're my understudy." Gina sighed, she wanted to help her, Aurora really did look like she was about to burst into tears. "Okay, but if you're ready, the part is back yours okay?" Gina asked. "Okay, thank you so much" And then aurora ran out.

Soon Ricky join her, seeing his sisters tears. "You saw him too?" he asked, walking over and sliding down the wall next to her. "Mhm" Aurora replied, wiping her eyes careful, not to smudge her makeup. "I hate him" Ricky announced. "No you don't" she told him. "Fine, I strongly dislike him, better?" Ricky asked. "Yes" Aurora answered. "I can't believe she would do that to me again, did she not learnt the first time" The blonde sighed, leaning her head onto her brothers shoulder. "She doesn't think" Ricky said. "I know she doesnt, and look how it turns out" Aurora sighed, this was meant to be a great night, but then her mom ruined it, like always.

The twins had just stood outside for a while, talking, until their mom came out. "There you two are" she said as she walked out. "Hey" Ricky said quietly. "Are you okay?" She asked. "Check your texts" Aurora answered bluntly. "Well, is it stage fright? because people are counting on you, you made commitments to this" she told her children. "You're one to talk about commitment" Aurora scoffed. "I'm sorry?" Lynne asked. "It's not about nerves okay? It's about doing something for somebody I care about" Ricky told her. "Yeah and it's about you having to ruin all my performances" Aurora told her mom the truth straight. 

"Okay Ricky, Rory. what's going on?" Lynne was lost. "Why did you bring him to the show? You knew I couldn't handle it when you just waltzed people in during a scene" Aurora asked, her voice suddenly getting louder. "Todd?" Lynne asked, thought it was pretty obvious. "no dad" Aurora rolled her eyes sarcastically. "I wanted him to meet you and I didn't say anything before hadn't because I didn't want to throw you off" Lynne answered as if it was obvious. "so you waited until I levitated above a basketball hoop and had to see him put his arm around you?" Ricky now spoke. 

"Ricky.. Rory.." lynne sighed. "How do you think dad feels?" Aurora asked, she didn't want her dad upset or disheartened. "I think dad is happy that i'm happy" Lynne answered, but Aurora rolls her eyes. "You seemed plenty happy before the show started, you were hugging I saw it. It was like..." Ricky trailed off. "It was like how it used to be" Aurora finished for him. Lynne started to speak, but Aurora cut her off as she heard Bop to the top begin. "I want to watch this, it's much better than this and I want to support my friend" Aurora walked past them, leaving her mom and ricky alone.