Chapter 30

Y/n's pov:
I screamed as the door got smashed open and my finger was about to press down on the trigger once more but I quickly stopped myself.

"Vernon..."

His eyes searched the floor and he saw the body I had shot down.
My hand was trembling. I had never used a gun before like this.

Vernon's body rushed down and he put his ear to the man's chest.

"Did you kill him?" His voice was panicked and angry and I could only splutter air. My voice had gone I was in that much shock.

"I hope I didn't- I- I didn't mean to."
He stood up now and grabbed the body.
"We can't leave him like this"
My eyes rested on Namjoon's body and my eyes were fearful. I guess he would never have expected me to shoot him. I just aimed for the side of his chest.
I think it went a bit too far left

"Get in the car. I will sort this." He moved to me quickly giving me my phone and my eyes widened.

I stayed motionless though now watching Vernon grab some cloth wrapping it round his chest and he dialled a number on his phone.

"I SAID GO TO THE CAR. Y/n you could go to jail for this."

I listened this time and stepped over the small shards of glass and through the door. Soon I was outside the car but the window was smashed in. It looked as if someone had punched it.

My head hurriedly looked around but I saw no one.
What was I meant to do?
Too many things was happening.

"Vernon!" I called him but he was too far away.
I needed to get in the car before anything else bad happened to me. It was a mistake to trust Erica. Why did I think she had changed.

I remembered my friends from America. I missed our days when we would hang out at each others houses, care free. None of this mafia or secretive work.

I sat in the passenger seat of the car now and I pulled out my phone.
I texted our old group chat.
I needed help. Not help with fighting but I just wanted to see old faces. All this was stressing me out.

"Y/n are you okay?" Jae messaged back first and I smiled. It felt like ages again.

"Yeah what's up?" Lisa quickly responded back.

"I just want to see you both.. like I never mentioned it but I almost got married. But I got kidnapped... and yeah.. it's complicated. I just miss you guys."
Lisa already knew about the wedding as she was my bridesmaid, but she must have had a memory blank about what happened after.
They seemed shocked and I filled them in with everything that happened which took a good 10 minutes.

"I don't know about Lisa but I am getting the first plane over to you. I'm worried now."

Lisa agreed and it made me smile widely. They would really spend around 18 hours on a plane just to make sure I was okay.
"I love you guys."

I jumped when I heard the back door of the car swing open.
My phone turned off and I watched Vernon chuck in Namjoon's body.

"What about the ambulance."

"He can't go to the hospital. He is in a mafia group for goodness sake."

He slammed the door shut and I looked at the hole in the window.

"I think someone broke into your car."

Slowly his eyes moved to look at the window and he sighed.
"They wanted me to follow you in. But why.. someone else was defiantly here and saw what happened. But where are they."

"I just want to get back." I was still shaking. If Namjoon was dead I could never forgive myself. I just wanted to stop him from coming near me... not kill him.

The engine started once again and I made sure my seat belt was done up tightly. Too much had happened.

As the wind blew through the window I felt my body get hit with coldness.
It was already pitch black now outside; I just hope Jisung hadn't left for Kai yet.

"Kai must have wanted me to go to that cafe and wanted me to have gotten kidnapped.. again. But that bit of his plan must have failed."

"You shouldn't have trusted Erica again."

I sighed loudly and I felt my eyes water a bit. Everything was sinking in now.
"Yeah, I know. I'm such an idiot. I'm always causing you problems."

"Y/n, don't worry. Kai is the problem here and the quicker we can get rid of him. The better all our lives will be. It's soon now so please don't worry about it."

My brothers words were comforting but I still couldn't help be worried about what was going to happen with Jisung when he meets Kai.

The car pulled up outside and I helped Vernon carry Namjoon's heavy body inside.
With my back, I pushed open the doorway and everyone was quick to come forward and take his body off of us.
"What the hell happened?" Jisung's firm voice asked us.

"I-" I was about to speak.

"He was about to hurt Y/n, so I shot him." Vernon's voice called out.

Hongjoong walked over to Vernon

"I may hate him but he didn't deserve death." Hongjoong's eyes actually had tears in and I saw him give Vernon a glare.

I see why Vernon was protecting me now.

"Let's hope he isn't dead." Hyunjin simply stated sadly.

"We all worked with this man, he did something against us but, I don't want him dead."
Everyone seemed sad about this whole thing and I felt so guilty. I really hope Namjoon wasn't dead. But I was feeling even more guiltier that my brother was protecting me from their hate.