Chapter Thirteen

"Honey, come on now. Wake up for me pumpkin, please" a strained and nervous voice begged.

Jennie could hear the voice, then slowly opened her eyes and closed them again from pain when the light hit them, "Ow."

"Whew" Mr. D'Olympia said relieved, "you're safe honey."

"What? Where am I?" Jennie opened her eyes slowly, looking about as she realized she was in her own room.

"Lisa found you and brought you home. She said there was some sort of kidnapping and hoodlum's fight."

Jennie recalled images of what she had seen and tried to reconcile them with what Lisa had done.

"I'm just glad you're safe, I owe Lisa a debt that I could never repay. She said you'd be fine, she swore her life on it" Mr. D'Olympia said while holding Jennie's hand from the edge of the bed.

"Where is she?" she asked as she sat up.

"She had to go talk with the detectives downtown."

"Oh" Jennie said sad yet a bit relieved. She didn't understand what was going on or what had happened and needed time to sort things out. "Dad, if it's okay with you, I'm going to go jump in the shower and then lay back down" she said rising up from the bed.

"Sure honey, I'll get Mim to bring you over a tray of your favorite soup and a sandwich. You just rest up and I'll let the detectives know you'll talk with them tomorrow."

"Thanks Daddy"

"Sure pumpkin" he leaned over and gave her a kiss on the head, turned and left the room.

Shaking her head Jennie said to herself, 'What the hell is going on?'

...

"Thank you Miss Kim for coming down, we hope you're feeling better?" Detective Robinson asked while sitting at the meeting table, "And you've been seen to by the doctors, we hope?"

"Yes detective I'm feeling better, thank you for asking. Just a shock I guess to it all. The doctor says I'm fine."

"Great, well we'll get right to it then" Detective Harmon stated.

"By all means"

"So, after the funeral, you were at the wake being held at the Pantheon Restaurant?"

"Yes"

"Can you tell us what you remember?"

"I was washing up at the sink after coming out of the toilet when I felt a hand at the side of my neck. It all went black then, when I woke up I was in what looked like a warehouse but it had a sofa and tables and stereo equipment.

I remember a really bad headache and pain in my neck here," she motioned with her hand to her shoulder and neck area where there was a visible bruised area, "when I looked up, Irene was kneeling in front of me."

"Irene? As in Ms. Tresledge?" asked Det. Robinson.

"Yes, she said something about the effects of a pinch hold or something. Then she started ranting about having to have me" Jennie shuddered at the thought again.

"Have you?" Det. Harmon asked with a quizzical raised eyebrow.

"Yes, either willingly or by force if need be."

"Are we talking..." the detective tried to clarify the statement.

"She intended to rape me detective. I told her I would never be with her willingly" Jennie interrupted, "I got up to leave but she held me down with an incredible amount of strength. She said it would be better than what happened to Sakura" tears escaped her at the name of her best friend.