Chapter Eighteen

They made their way to the Temples; first to the original to pay homage and respect as Lisa requested; then over to the newer occupied temple.

At the entrance, the head Priestess awaited. She had been told in her dreams to make ready for this day and await them at the entrance.

She greeted each and then had them escorted separately to different chambers, where they were assisted in a ritual bath and Jennie was dressed in a crème silk stolas while Lisa was dressed in a warrior's tunic of crème silk.

They were then escorted into the inner sanctum, where the temple altar was adorned with flowers and rose petals. In the center lay a scroll held open by two ancient oil lamps.

The Priestess stood at the altar and motioned them both forward to kneel at the front where several pillows lay.

She walked around the altar holding a small pot; she dipped her thumb in the pot and then withdrew it covered in lightly scented jasmine oil. Pressing her thumb to each of their shoulders and then the top of their heads, she began to chant.

As she ended her chant, she motioned for Lisa to come forward.

Lisa rose with fluid grace, her brows furrowed in confusion as all this ritual was new to her and had never been done in all the visits and millennia she had attended Jisoo's temple.

The Priestess bowed to Lisa and opened both palms, motioning towards the scroll.

Lisa stepped closer to the altar and looked over the items on the top. Then she focused on the scroll and began reading some of the ancient text, "Seemera ec paratithei o vous..." Lisa stopped, "What is this!?" she angrily demanded of the Priestess.

"It is part of the ritual" the Priestess replied softly.

"Ritual? What ritual?" she retorted.

"The ritual of bonding" the Priestess paused, "this is for you to recite."

"Bonding?!" Lisa opened her mouth to say more but suddenly stopped and ever so slowly, she turned towards Jennie.

Just as she opened her mouth again, the Goddess appeared causing the Priestess to drop to the floor prostrate, "Lisa, before you continue, think well" the Goddess walked away motioning for her to follow.

"Sartorian, she is doing what her heart speaks that yours has no courage to do."

"But, she led me here...without telling me...under false notion."

"No, she did not. She asked you to help her decipher and answer. She explained you are an important part of this and she tried to tell you this morning." the Goddess walked up to her, "Do you love her?"

"Yes"

"Are you in love with her?"

"Yes"

"And then what is your reason for objecting?! Do you think she does not know what you are?"

"She...I..." Lisa ran a frustrated hand through her hair.

"Sartorian, give yourself a chance; and her. Only you can make this decision, but bear in mind that it affects BOTH of you."

And with that the Goddess Jisoo disappeared.

Lisa stood like a statute, as always when she was deep in thought. Shaking her head sadly, she turned to walk back into the inner sanctum.

Jennie was standing alone, looking out the one open archway of the inner sanctum, the Priestess having walked to the back of the room waiting for Lisa's return.