Chapter Seventeen

The flight was comfortable in the jet and Jennie immediately settled down, her head resting on Lisa's shoulder as she had fallen asleep while they were talking, the exhaustion of the trip catching up on her.

"Jennie...Jennie, wake up, we have arrived."

Shiver, "Huh, wha...oh, that was quick" Jennie stammered as she rubbed the sleep from her eyes trying to wake up.

"No, we left yesterday. You have slept the whole trip over."

"Oh" she replied sheepishly.

"I have arranged for a car to take us to a hotel. We can rest there and then head out tomorrow if you wish."

"That would be great."

They exited the plane and entered the waiting limousine which took them to the Lagina Hilton, a magnificent hotel overlooking a beautifully landscaped valley.

"Ms. Manoban; I have reservations" Lisa told the front desk clerk.

"Oh yes Ms. Manoban, all is ready. Here is your key, the concierge will see to your bags" the clerk replied.

"Thank you" Lisa took the key after signing the register and followed the young bag handler.

The concierge led the way to the elevator and pressed the penthouse floor button.

After opening the door, delivering the bags and explaining the layout of the hotel room and amenities available, the concierge left the two in the penthouse suite.

"I hope you are agreeable to sharing accommodation? The master suite is for you," Lisa pointed, "and I will use the other suite down the hall."

"No, I don't mind. But I can use the other roo..."

"That is not necessary. I do not require the bed as ..." Lisa interrupted Jennie.

"Yes, I know" Jennie interrupted her in turn saying with small hint of sadness, "But, don't you ever rest?"

"Yes, occasionally."

Jennie just pressed her lips together and turned, "Well, I'll go and freshen up then. Um, do you want to grab something to eat later?"

"That would be delightful" Lisa smiled, gave a slight bow and turned towards her own room.

'Gods, how do I get her to accept me totally tomorrow, to willingly, in front of the Priestess, read the inscriptions and hieroglyph?' Jennie thought to herself as she let the hot water run down her scalp and back. A voice whispered inside her mind, 'She will willingly' calming her anxious stomach immediately.

Lis was enjoying the heat of the hot pulsating shower on her back as she braced both her arms on the opposite wall, letting the water soothe her tense muscles.

'Goddess, she is so...' a sigh, 'I am so lost' Lisa sighed heavily again.

'Let her in my warrior, relinquish to her' she heard the melodic voice in her mind, the Goddess's voice, 'Say the words you know to be true' the voice faded.

Taking a deep breath she closed her eyes.

She finished showering and dressed in a pair of pressed black pants, a deep blue silk blouse and long leather coat jacket.

She stood at the window overlooking the valley and hotel grounds below while waiting for Jennie.

Jennie emerged from her room and quietly walked into the common living room of the suite, finding Lisa looking out the window.