Prologue

Spring.

A season of rebirth, and a start of a new life among nature's blessings.

For many, it is a symbol of a new beginning, another opportunity for themselves to make the most out of life. Others would see it as a chance to value that moment, and reflect on everything they've done in the past, then look forward to another chapter in their lives.

For one particular person, this year's spring meant a lot to him, as today would be his chance to return to the very place where he made lots of memories with the people he had grown to love and cherish. A place where he had lots of pleasant, memorable experiences that made him who he is now, a very successful man to this day.

This person is Kwon Y/N, now known as one of the most talented pianists in the country, and heir to one of the most respected families when it comes to the musical arts. His parents are both highly regarded as the best musicians of their generation. Today, he and his older sister, Kwon Eunbi, are now filling in as their successors and living icons to their legacy.

It has been 7 years since then, and Y/N was invited to perform at the very school where he spent his high school years as a music student. Today is the academy's music festival, an annual tradition where they showcase the talents of some of their best student performers in a wide variety of performances. Every year, they invite some of their alumni to perform as a special guest to serve as inspiration for the academy's hopefuls, and this year, he and another performer would be the guests of honor.

It was a very sunny afternoon when Y/N arrived at the school grounds to prepare for his performance. Since it will be a few hours before it would begin, he decided to take his time to check out the festivities. While keeping a low profile, he went on the school's wide array of attractions for the festival. There he could see several booths filled with music – related themes, where everyone displays their talents and creativity to please the visitors through impromptu lessons, booths, and small stages to perform for the crowds.

As he walked through the many classrooms filled with busy students from the festival, he can't help but smile and remember that he and his friends were like that seven years ago. As memories of his school life begin to surface again, he can't help but chuckle on how they were back then, and that he missed his youthful days.

After an hour walking through the festival grounds, he decided to visit the principal's office to announce his visit. On his way there, however, a former colleague caught him by surprise as he made his way to the office.

"Y/N, is that really you?"

"Felix! It's been a long time! Good to see you, hyung!"

It was Felix, a former classmate of Y/N's and one of his first friends in the school. He told him to meet at the school cafeteria for them to catch up after he's done meeting the principal of the academy. Afterwards, Y/N made his way there where he found him sitting at the same table where they had many lunches together with their friends.

"Good to see you too, and it looks like you're doing very well these days, Mr. Ace Pianist!"

"Yeah, but I wouldn't be where I am now if it wasn't for you guys helping me, but I'm surprised to see you here, and if I had to guess, you're a teacher here now, hyung."

"That's right, I suppose you don't need me to remind you how much this place means to me that I decided to get a job as an instructor here."

"Well, knowing you, I'm sure you'd easily fit right in as a teacher, after all, you've always been the nerd of our group," Y/N said while chuckling.

"Yeah, yeah laugh all you want, Y/N. But you and Han would always come to me for help whenever exams came up." Felix teased.

"Of course, you are always our reliable tutor back then. Speaking of Han, I hear he's busy performing overseas these days."

"Yeah, after college, he went to become part of an orchestra at the same time you continued your studies abroad, leaving me all alone in Korea." He said while fake crying.

"Aish, come on, but I'm sorry that I kept out of touch with the rest of you guys before I left to study in Europe."

"Don't worry about it. Seeing you and Han out there making a name for yourselves and with our friends doing well these days, I'm actually proud of how far we've come." Felix said with a serious but satisfied tone.

"I agree. I always thought that we'd do well on our careers, but I never expected our success would reward us more than we expected."

"You're right. Speaking of friends, I never thought that you and her would end up as a couple after we graduated," Felix teased once again, making Y/N blush at what he said.

"Me too. I never expected that my feelings for her remained strong even after all those years when I left for my studies."

"You're a really lucky guy, Y/N. You should know that she cried a lot during those first few months since you left. Me and her friends would always be with her most of the time to give her some comfort, but she's always thinking of you all those years, even though she avoids talking to us about it."

"I know, and I supposed I should thank you and her friends for always being with her during those times."

"I guess true love really endures if you're truly meant for each other, despite how cliché it sounds." He added, making him and Y/N laugh.

"It may be a coincidence, but to think the academy would pick you and her to perform this afternoon really surprised me."

"I'm surprised too, and I can tell from earlier that she is really looking forward to our duet."

"It reminds me of that time when you picked her as your partner when you were selected to represent us at the Nationals, Y/N. Everyone was surprised, and at the same time very excited about your performance at the concours."

"I remember it well. I'd like to think that moment became the start of something that would change the old me forever," Y/N said as memories of his school life resurface once more.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! I'm finally able to finish the prologue of my first book. Hoping that you would be looking forward to the rest of the chapters. Special thanks to purple0ketchup for inspiring me to create this story!